Friday, February 08, 2008

well you must be a girl with shoes like that

~the fratellis

so, if you're a cake fan, and if you find them upbeat and fun, I think you'll like the fratellis too. They happened to be in my cd player this morning (I don't think the cd has come out since summer) and it was a pleasant surprise when I turned of the radio. :)

I am now officially caught up on LOST. I liked it. I find it confusing, but I like it. And I'm wondering if the stuff Hurley drew is an easter-egg-ee thing? and the polar bear? huh? I did have fun looking at these though...people really get caught up in this show!

also, I finally finally checked out my camera last night. I have good news and bad news.

good news: the lenses that dana gave me fit! this means I have the 18-55 IS lens that I bought myself AND a 70-300 lens from dana. I'm pretty sure the third lens is also an 18-55 but not IS, though. I will be keeping it however since I still want to use film from time to time.

bad news: something is already broken. there's this little button that releases the CF memory card, and it's already kaput. I'm taking it in tomorrow. Also, I cannot for the life of me get the damn flash to turn off. I'll be taking most of my pictures outdoors anyway, but for reals, this is ANNOYING!

tomorrow after I take pictures of nicole and lucas and dave I'll be taking the camera in for repair. oh, and I also intend to go buy myself some pretty flowers (tulips or gerberas, most likely) and take pictures with BOTH of my cameras to compare. I am SO excited about taking pictures with my camera though (well, once I fully figure it out!). But yay!

in exactly one week I will be on my way to DC! hooray!

2 comments:

melissa said...

If you're shooting in the fully automated mode (the green square) then the flash will pop up automatically, you can't prevent it.

I hate flash. I never use it.

Instead, use the "P" mode. This allows you to fool around with the settings if you want, but it is also the equivalent of fully automated if you leave the settings alone, and if you push the flash down, it will stay down.

Ariel Merritt said...

i just wasted hours looking at that lost site... like i need another excuse to procrastinate!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio