Wednesday, February 20, 2008

hey, you know those kids who weren't allowed to eat sugary cereals at home?

well, imagonna have kids like that, I'm afraid. kinda sorta.

when I was growing up, as all of my friends were dressed in the their Laura Ashley and their whatever-the-hell-it-is connection and other designer-for-children duds, my mother let me wear whatever I wanted as long as all the necessary parts were covered. and let me tell you, I had some ROCKIN' outfits.

bright orange high-top converse.
pink jelly shoes.
wearing two shirts rolling up the sleeves so you could see the others--with matching double pairs of socks.
shirts with sequins, glitter, plastic appliqués or all three.
flower-print denim shorts.

it was AMAZING. let me tell you. some day I'll share pictures to prove it.

but anyway, so. my kids are probably going to get to eat sugary cereals and sometimes have soda or from-concentrate juice. they'll be okay, really. BUT. when they go to someone else's house, they're going to say "where's the recycling bin? what, you don't have reusable bags? where do you put your composting stuff? where's your solar backup generator? what, you don't have [insert new eco-technology here]."

yeah. those'll be my kids. yikes. jackie already told me quite some time ago that my kids aren't allowed to play with her kids 'cause mine'll be too smart. apparently mine will be too eco-minded, as well. can you imagine? ha!

ps, there was a lunar eclipse tonight and my neighbor john made sure I saw it--how cool!

1 comments:

Jax said...

Seriously.. if my kids inherit my interest in psychological stuff and the analytical legal stuff...and your kids get the science "i'm a genius" stuff, our kids might be an interesting combo. lol!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio