Saturday, January 12, 2008

or more like a local celebrity...

today isn't so good. the doc told matt I was going to get worse before I got better. I think he was right. but at least I got some good sleep last night.

and I've agreed to let people from church bring me food. I was trying to avoid that, because I'm not a fan of imposing, but it seems like a good idea now...

oh and two things. did I tell you that my skin is yellow? it is. it's getting a bit better. when the doctor's office called to check on me they were a bit concerned when they found out my arms were yellow too, and I'm supposed to call tomorrow if they still are. and, my doctor didn't have to use stints. apparently he uses them about 95% of the time, but for some reason it seemed like they were unnecessary. so that's good. having them taken out didn't feel so awesome last time.

time for more movies, some hot tea and some sleep. and if anyone has suggestions for what to do for my throat--it's getting sore from my having to breathe through my mouth--I'd really appreciate them!

5 comments:

brooke knight said...

i'm so sorry you're having to go through all this crap..i am thinking of you. hopefully the end result will be worth it! i am glad you have matt taking such good care of you! :)

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

HOORAY!!!! for furry nurses who know just when to show up and just when to leave. and matt sounds like a true gentleman!

i hope you feel back to your normal self soon!

xoxoxo

Ariel and Chris said...

feel better soon, carrie! adrianna and i saw when harry met sally while she was here. you should watch that again!

Anonymous said...

People are always telling me that gargling with salt water helps. That would be water that is "quite warm" out of the tap with a little salt, say, 1/2 tsp-1 tsp dissolved in it. Then gargle. However, this involves putting your head back and that maybe isn't your favorite position just at the moment. Ricola original flavor/natural herb lozenges are also good. Or ice cream. Or milk shakes. Anything to moisten. Bless your heart.

melissa said...

take care of yourself, carrie. i hope you get to feeling better. and if nothing else? try to enjoy a little break. : )

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio