Thursday, January 17, 2008

a little sweet with the tart.

i've been a little negative recently. which isn't at all surprising considering that I've been healing from surgery and been in a vicodin-induced haze for the past week and spending a lot of time removing icky stuff from my body either with qtips or by coughing it up. that plus the lack of the ability to smell things and my iffy sense of balance has made for quite a week.

plus, I believe I am developing my first post-op sinus infection. which I knew was coming, but still.

however.

I need more positives.

positives like right now, as I type, my kitty cats are flanking me--gobi's up here on "his" pillow on the right side of me and hazel is down by my feed. they have certainly been annoying at moments when they meow and meow and meow wanting nothing at all, but on the whole they're adorable and warm and cuddly. and I love them.

and they love their mommie too. matt even commented on it--from friday when I got home until sunday when I started to move around a little more there was a cat with me or near me at all times--gobi on the corner of the bed, hazel at my feet or on the head of the recliner, one of them in my lap or on the arm of the chair. right there. cuddling. watching. and I imagine worrying, too. they can tell when something is wrong.

it's funny because neither cat was what I wanted at first--Gobi almost didn't come home with me--an orange tabby nearly did instead. and hazel, well, honestly I wanted a gray cat, but after having someone tell me I was being "kitty racist" (jokingly, but still) and meeting her and having her at my home, I couldn't help but want to keep her.

anyway, other good things...

~tomorrow I get to blow my nose.
~my wonderful friends the sullivans brought me dinner tonight AND they brought me a present--tea and coffee mugs
~I got my new paste magazine in the mail
~today is matt and my ten monthiversary
~and I was able to shower today. again. and take a nap. and this is all good.

oh and? you oklahoma folk need to go buy yourselves some cheatwood honey--or any oklahoma honey. I used the rest of it up on the copious amount of tea I've been drinking, but it is yummy and good for you and yeah. go get some. for me. thanks.

2 comments:

Jax said...

HOORAY for being positive even though you likely feel like crap. Glad you're recovering, lovely! :) And.. I shall find this honey you speak of..

melissa said...

glad you're feeling better. have fun blowing your nose! : )

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio