Thursday, January 24, 2008

"i [solve equations] in my sleep, baby--what's my sin?"

~rent (sort of!)

so yeah, I didn't mean for this to happen, but today's post? totally brought to you by the letter b.

better off dead.
watched it wednesday night. it had been a loooooong time. and I sure do love john cusack. and i had some pei wei for dinner. and I took gobi for a ride. he looooooves the car. we went to pick up my dinner and then made a deposit at the bank. it was great! by the way, that's him on my shoulder just before we left the bank. you can see my hair on the left side of the picture. and last night matt and I watched good luck chuck, which is TOTALLY funny and well worth the rent. if you haven't seen it, watch it. there's a scene that implies something really really disgusting, but other than that, it's terribly hilarious. and um, not for the shy. at least not the unrated version. ps? i love my boyfriend. he is wonderful, and he makes me laugh, and he gives the best hugs in the world. for the record, I'm not the only girl who says that, either.

bright.
I finally brought my coffee cup to my desk. the one from renee and jess that was full of lowers and has a HUGE yellow smiley face on it. and I brought the pringles can cupholder I decorated with star beads when I was fourteen while on the phone with sterling. and I've had the tea tin for a while. that plus my orange polkadot coffee cup (from big lots) and my orange and yellow nalgene bottle and my mango tango naked juice (also yellow and orange) are making for a cheery desk. which was unintentional, but I NEED it.

bubbles.
I took a bath again wednesday night. and read. and had a glass of wine. and my nose is so thankful. it likes baths waaaaaaaay better than showers. speaking of which...

blowing my nose.
I feel like I'm doing that every five minutes and you could set a clock by it. I'm definitely feeling run down and I'm having A LOT of trouble getting up in the morning. even when I've gotten nine hours of sleep. and my cheekbones hurt. but one day, some day it will all be worth it. oh and this stuff? (the sinus rinse) makes my life better.

blue, no green.
nc greenpower. it's this organization, right? and donating money to it results in well, more greenpower in NC. If I gave $28 a month I could environmentally offset the carbon footprint contribution from driving my car every day. I'm not going to do that, but I think I might have to give something. even $4 a month is like planting 150 trees. I need to do more research, but this seems promising.

bed.
night before last both of my wonderful kitties cuddled with me--it was fantastic. and at one point in the evening, I realized through my groggy sleepiness that in my dream I was working out some complex equation. I haven't had math in YEARS, so this was a little strange, but not entirely unprecedented. you kds remember skiles? she liked to remind me of how, in days of yore, I was naming organic compounds in my sleep. oh, oh, how I loved living in the ghetto. my suitemates ruled. oh, college. don't wanna go back, but I miss it sometimes anyway.

boy-oh-boy-oh-boy.
I'm buying my camera tomorrow. I found out that canon is coming out with an even spiffier model, the xsi, in april, but I don't think it's worth the wait. I mean, this is my "beginner" SLR, which could totally last me for the whole rest of my life OR which I can replace at some point and just keep my lenses. and 10.1 megapixels is a plenty for now. as melissa pointed out, sure, I'd notice the difference between the 12.2 and the 10.1--except I'm not gonna have 'em side by side for comparison, so I won't know the difference.
♥tomorrow I get to meet nicole and dave's newborn, lucas.
♥I may have found coffee tables. we'll see if they're still available and if they look good, but if they do? I'm totally buying them. and perhaps I'll be buying some other ones for upstairs soon, too. from ikea. y'know, when I'M IN DC WITH JACKIE! Can I TELL you how excited I am?!?
♥in one week I am allowed to take vitamins. I've never been looking forward to taking vitamins so much ever before. and I can have ibuprofen. and exercise however much I can handle. (right now only "light exercise." you know, like walking. yeesh.
♥tonight I will get to have a fajita spud from McAlister's, and then Matt and I are going to Bub's so he can finish his "card." I'm a skosh nervous about the potential smokiness of the bar, but I think I can handle it for the duration of four beers. And if I'm getting miserable? I'll just step outside for some cold fresh air. :)

happy friday y'all.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio