Tuesday, December 18, 2007

it'sbeginningtolookalotlikechristmas.

that's what that sounds like in a semi-panicked hurry. which I seem to be in. my to-do list keeps getting longer and longer and I'm not quite sure yet how I'll accomplish all this by saturday. I may have to choose some things to eliminate!

so, the weekend...

friday was the tacky sweater party. matt found some AWESOME sweaters at a place in carrboro. see? we stayed up way too late, played a wonderful board game of i've never (some of which were pretty lame, I was surprised.), ate cookies, played beer pong and stayed up way, way too late. I did NOT intend to be there so long, but we were having too much fun, plain and simple!

oh, I also got molested by santa claus, courtesy of kara, and matt got called SO MANY ridiculous things because of his skeezy mustache. it's because of a thing from school, and it will be shaved off this thursday, he promised. it was funny how many girls thought I'd be upset at him for it--I think it's tacky and hilarious, and I'm okay with it since I *know* it has an expiration date.

saturday morning was choir at 915 until 1145, when I got a call from matt saying he had a flat tire. it was pretty much torn to shreds. but I was able to come collect him from durham and we made it to his birthday massage appointment just in time--and with my gas gauge completely on empty! after leaving the place all nice and relaxed (I got one too), we managed to get to the station without running out of it! thank goodness!

then it was showers and over to see this adorable and tiny little human being, Davis Werner. man, was he precious. and so sleepy and good and wow. we had a lot of fun talking to darren and patty, too, and their doggie abby is my new bff. ;)

we had dinner at zpizza (which is a very kid friendly place with pretty yummy pizza) and went to my place to get ready for party #2 of the weekend--Jones' birthday. There was a pre-party at Bob's, where I learned how to play high-lo, and then we went to Amra's. The amount of drama was excruciating and we stayed entirely too late again (and my voice wasn't super pleased in the AM), but I had my first swedish fish, almost got kissed by a random guy and had a whole whole lot of fun.

and I did not want to get up in the morning. at 645. so I could get to church at 800. ouch. but I got there and we sang the best at 830 that we ever have in the long long time Joe has been our choir director, according to him.

during the sunday school hour I drove to my home to collect matt, brought him to church for show and tell (people thought his mustache was a riot) and went to warm up again. Kara and Sean came to the service as well, and it was both wonderful and unnerving to have an audience of my friends and boyfriend! I am really really glad they attended though.

next was changing out of that skirt so that my little legs were no longer freezing, the longest twenty minutes of my life at walmart (for reals, this little asian man was ridiculous. he kept thinking matt thought the tire was under warranty. yeesh.), lunch at McAlisters and back to walmart.

walmart was also where I got my dirty santa gift (and the pink flashlight)--a copy of Gremlins and mike and ike (green box), hot tamales (red box) and junior mints (white box).

after a failed attempt at a nap I went out to dinner at The Olive Garden with my youth group. man oh man, breadsticks and alfredo--yum! this was when I was called "fat," by the way. we were talking about how much I eat. and although it was COMPLETELY sarcastic, it was enough to annoy me. I started calling my balding co-leader Harry, and then he shut up. :)

then it was time for said gift exchange.

I didn't get these lovely lion slippers. I opened them initially and even had the chance to steal them back, but decided to open a new gift instead. boy was THAT a mistake. I instead got a big old box of target diapers which I gave to our pastor. one of the other leaders came home with a pregnancy test. those are some pretty crazy youth we have!

When I finally got home four and a half hours after the start of the party, and after my weekend o' crazy, I crashed--and went to bed at 1030. my my my, what a weekend!

2 comments:

Ariel and Chris said...

i definitely think you're phat... especially in those awesomely bad sweaters! matt's mustache complements them perfectly - very 80s.

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

list.

christmas sweaters? CRAZY!!!

olive garden?
jealous in a bread stick alfredo kind of way.

diapers over slippers?
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

daily good?
very good!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio