Wednesday, November 14, 2007

so, is this when logical carrie steps in? because I'm waiting for that part.

-ja(h)b, commenting on the how-i-decided-to-go-to-augusta-for-christmas story.

so, I wanted to show you these things. because I like them, you see.

this is a magnet my granny gave me for my birthday. I have loved it since I was a little girl. It's not amazing or beautiful or anything, but I've a penchant for green and white (go edison, edison and kappa delta) and I've just always loved this. I don't think I ever really told her, either. she just knew.

and then here are my shelves in the corner by the stairs, top to bottom:
a picture of the oklahoma sun, the black bear statue my pledge sister and wonderful friend syd gave me 'cause it made her think of the bear my big gave me, a bear I got since it has white roses on it, and the green bear with the shamrock given to me by maria. :)

next up, pictures--matt and me on the beach in atlantic city when I went on vacay with his family, the last picture of my granddaddy and me (which he insisted on taking, and he was kind of embarrassed to ask, and he didn't realize that I might have a camera in my purse because my mom always uses her camera phone so he thought I'd take it with that...) and then those wooden roses are from woolaroc, and I bought them when I went there with harvo and his friends. and mary alise brought me that egg from hawaii.

then a picture of me and sjg in la last december, just about a year ago. that and a picture of my mom, granny, granddad and me from when I was awarded top ten freshman. that award was a HUGE turning point in my life. HUGE. I am so glad a good friend of mine encouraged me to apply. I bought my grandlittle and myself that forget-me-not box (it's our thing) and I made that pinwheel at vbs. and that cheshire cat? oh, the memories. man, I need to show y'all a picture of my alice in wonderland costume. um, and a picture I like of my guitar. which reminds me, I need to play it. oopsie.

the next shelf is one of my faves-- okay, that's a lie, they all are. that painting is my first "tape painting," and I stained that frame and put it together myself. not a huge feat, but I felt accomplished. also on this shelf, an elephant from tonya. it was my birthday present theme--because thinking of me makes her think of seeing lucy the elephant. that picture of jess and me is from when we visited KD National Headquarters on the way moving here, and that picture of matt and me is one of the very best--i look so tan!--it's from our five month-iversary. this saturday is eight!

next is a picture--nay, an award winning picture--of jessica, renee and me from mayfest when harvo's band played. and then that snow globe is from my granny--she gave one to both anna and me for our birthday this year. incase you can't tell, it's for new york city. I honestly wish it had the twin towers, because the one time we went to new york with my granny (one of the three times I've been there) those towers were still standing.

and finally, my pile o' books--I haven't read 'em all, but I will eventually! Two are from Del, one from Katie, one from Jeremy (which I'll get to break out soon--look out for the bad christmas puns, people!) and then there are some I took from Ariel and Chris when they moved. Amongst others. It reminds me I need to spend more time reading! And I need to sell some of my books. (anyone want a copy of Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister or Green Grass Grace? I enjoyed them both, but I don't plan to re-read them, so I want to give them away/sell them)

anyway, I love this shelf. I bought it in college. well, them--there are two. and since it's only big enough to hold decorative things it gave me an excuse to use that space for frames and such rather than the loads of books and school stuff I have. I'm thinking about painting it green though--because now things in my living room are dark wood. we shall see...

1 comments:

Jax said...

Good post, lovely. Good post. :) I might follow it up with one of my own later. :)))

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio