Wednesday, October 03, 2007

silver lining and golden seams

~feist, sea lion woman (very very good song. very. extra. yeah.)

um, okay, so I thought everyone knew. seems they don't. people, should you not know, I take pictures. like a maniac. see? right. if you didn't know, they're there. k? k. thanks.

no news about the ultrasound. they'll likely call me tomorrow. or friday. or monday. I have never *hoped* for a surgery before. It's kind of weird. I just don't don't don't want it to be crohn's. And some people seem to be a little excessive--I read this whole thing about how I could drink A LITER of olive oil and some lemon juice over the course of five hours and also some juice and apples and radishes and the next time I went #2 I could "sift" out the gall stones and they'd be removed from my system (if the problem is indeed gall stones, but then I imagine they'd be stress related and not fatty food related, as I usually eat rather low-fat-ly but anyway).

also this page told you that some people end up going to the hospital after this "treatment." to, you know, have the surgery they were trying so desperately to avoid.

I'm working up to my happy october post. It'll be here eventually. But in the meantime:

natalie dee made me a glad glad girl today. see? goes along with my PPE post. ha!


do go check out nataliedee.com. she rocks. and rolls. and rules. and y'know, stuff. it was kind of fun to get to read a bunch of her new comics all in one sitting. oh and another fun link for you word nerds out there (which is probably mostly me but some of you will enjoy this I'm sure)--cnn did a nice little ditty on awful words named for real people. interesting, no?

and I want kinda these shoes. to replace my other pair of rocketdogs--at least for wearing other than work purposes, since they have been damaged since march. my toe, however, remains unscathed. knock on--um, plastic?

perhaps a birthday present from me to myself? we shall see.

chalk one up for the wonderfulness that is october.

oh, and. I received some lovely orchids yesterday/today (the ups folks left 'em at the office--but here's a picture I found online when I googled their type) and it came with a perfect quote--

“When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”

nail. head. hit.

I miss my granddad still, and I'm a little nervous about seeing all of the church people and hearing their very well meant "I'm sorry"s, and it was hard today when a coworker had printed out the obituary thing from the funeral home to bring to me.

but I think that quote makes me feel a little better. and pretty flowers have only once failed to put me in a better mood, and this time ain't it. :)

so tonight is choir. which I will love despite being apprehensive (the last time I went was the 12th). and then tomorrow is thursday--I get to see Matt, it's almost the weekend, and it'll only be nineteen days until it's my birthday. no, scratch that, my best birthday yet.

see, I'm getting there. let me get warmed up on the positiveness. (positive patty, kat. or pam. or petunia. that's my fave.) I'll have you gagging yourself with a spoon on my overly-jubilant and effusive (and sometimes mushy) ramblings in no time!

2 comments:

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

thanks for the bday wishes!

sea lion woman. nina would be proud!

fingers crossed that you are able to resolve your health issues. gall stones BOO. been there, done that. paid the bill.

:)

katandkarl said...

we are leaving nellie and nancy at home. :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio