Sunday, October 07, 2007

The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.

~humphrey bogart

*note, I forgot a few pictures, so they're added in. I saved my very favorite for last. and I added links to the recipes where I could...*

the beer festival was spuh-len-did. we had a lot of fun and I think we totally got our money's worth. we had some really yummy beers--some of the ones I particularly liked were:

abita's kriek and belgian white,
big boss's helle's belle belgian blonde,
clipper city brewing co.'s raspberry one,
the great divide's wild raspberry ale,
moon river's sea bee honey bock,
redstone meadery's sunshine and black raspberry,
shipyard's sea dog blueberry ale,
terrapin's rye pale ale and golden ale and
tommyknocker's jack whacker wheat ale.

bellhaven brewery's was a dud though, as was otter creek's. ick ick ick.

we tried to stay away from vendors we drink a lot, at least until the end--so that's why yuengling and blue moon and stuff like that aren't mentioned.

I got two shirts--one from savannah's moon river brewery (which matt bought me) some rather funny boyshorts at the flying dog booth (which matt and sean thought kara and I neeeeded), a big boss brewing shirt (they're local!) and a cool dogfish head glass. I'm quite excited about my purchases!

while there we ran into TWO people from Tulsa--both of whom thought the Tulsan was Matt. Understandably, since he was rockin' the TU apparel. :)

We also ran into a bunch of people--some of kara's co-workers, matt's old roommate, gustaff (for those of you who know him) and his sister and friends and I'm not sure who else the others knew. But all in all? Very fun. And we got a leeetle silly. The boys had fun at the PBR booth and all of the high point peeps (everyone buy me) got extra excited about the high point brewery. We were a little doubtful about the glass size at first (2oz was the "pour size") but it was perfect, and we had a great time--see?










right. yeesh.


and this one is my fave. and it wasn't our idea. but it makes me giggle!

we came home, kara and I took a little siesta while sean and matt went to the store and had a beer at manchesters, we made yummy taco salad and played apples to apples, listened to music and ate puppy chow.

once sean and kara left matt and I watched this incredible movie that I totally see how it changes people's lives. I encourage you to watch (or read, though I've not yet red it) The Ultimate Gift.

And if you're at all a crier I highly recommend having a box of tissues in your general vicinity. And watching the credits. Some of the lines just hit me--like the one about those arms being for you. Just terrific. Terrific.

Saturday was basically a super amazing fantastic day. So good, so good. :D

today I was laaaazy. after I came home from church I slept and slept and then caught up on television. I watched last week's Grey's, Pushing Daisies (which I like!) and the first two eps of Life (thanks for the recommendation Ariel and Chris!) I looked through some recipes too since this week I'm going to cook! I have no obligations monday, tuesday or thursday, and I'm going to enjoy this nice little well-needed break. so far for options on the menu, all from everyday food:

-asian chicken with cashews
-lemony sauteed shrimp with broccoli and peas
-fettuccine with spinach pesto
-penne and grape tomatoes and mozzarella
-shrimp fried rice
-chicken stuffed with herbed couscous and
-salmon with spicy cucumber-pineapple salsa

there's also a southwestern chicken skillet recipe that I found online that's a contender too. it's nice to have lots of options! (and if any of the ones I couldn't find online turn out good I'll be sure to share 'em) and it's nice to know that I have everything I need to make 'em. I'm hoping that the probiotic + home-cooked-lower-fat food + taking it easy all week will really put me back on track. I hope, I hope, I hope.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at your menu -- it is proof that I am an awful wife. Me hates to cook and G hates all veggies but corn -- Boring! BTW, those pics are hilarious! What's goin' on with you in the one where your head is on M's chest? Hmmm?
(I love that you keep this blog -- you always make me smile!)

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

what time is dinner?!

seriously, hope this new diet gets your inside straightened out! fingers crossed. :)

melissa said...

looks like you guys had a blast! the one of you two kissing is especially adorable. : )

Anonymous said...

I made the shrimp fried rice, but with chicken because I don't prefer shrimp. It was fantastic!

care said...

tonya-you are not an awful wife. also, on george's list of things to do in life, he should re-try every vegetable he thinks he hates three different ways. he can put a star by that one to say it was recommended by me.

heather-come on over! I hate cooking for one!

m-m-m- aw. :)

anon-I'll have to try it with chicken if I like the shrimp-I eat so much chicken that I wanted to mix it up a bit. thanks for the tip though!

Unknown said...

Speaking of Blue Moon. They just released a pumpkin ale, and it's delish. It has this awesome spicy clove aftertaste, but is not to bitter. Sterling was unimpressed by it, but he's a picky.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio