Friday, August 17, 2007

your liver pays dearly now for youthful magic moments,
but rock on completely with some brand new components.

~cake

do you know what warms my very cockles? cake.
not the ooey-gooey-icing-bedecked-confection-with-yummy-sugary-embellishments (if you're lucky) and not of the carrot or german chocolate or vanilla or layer or lemon persuasion...no, no.

y'know, cake.
like, the band.
mmmmmm cake.

my lovely local indie station, 88.1, had their song on this morning. what a brilliant way to start the day.

and please excuse 1. my exuberance and 2. my verbal rambling, as I am quite tired from last night's festivities. amongst other things, like water and electrolytes and a better sense of direction, I need more sleep.

last night, as aforementioned, we went to the durham bulls game as a send off for my friend/teammate/coworker paul. here's all the members of my are-tee-eye group that attended, a picture of paige and me and our undeniable cuteness and another of me and the mattness.






we had fun. the bulls lost, and lost badly, but we still had a blast. and told some laaaaaaaaaame jokes. including one jewel that many of you haven't had the pleasure of hearing, but was told to me by my friend matt, who lives in DC.

ahem.

did you hear about the chemist who quit his job and became a gravedigger?
his favorite element was barium.

(say it aloud if you don't get it.)

ha!

right. so anyhoo, we went to tyler's after the game, hung out and had more beer, including some icky octoberfest one. and then went back to my place to select where we'd go to dinner tonight. y'see, it's a monthiversary, specifically our 5th. and since we both like to be saps sometimes, we celebrate them. (might I also say, I really like this one because 1.we're dressing up and 2.we've now been together for 42% of a year, and you knoooooooow how I like the number 42.) we're going to eat here, well, as long as I can get a reservation. i will let you know how it goes, particularly for those of you who live in or around raleighwood.

um, I think I'm done with the bumbling and rambling and all that jazz now, it's time to straighten up my cube (matt is coming to lunch today and I'm going to show him my office which is more than slightly disastrous (see?). and by the time I'm done (in like ten minutes) my tube will be cool in the furnace, so basically it'll work perfectly. :)

and a warning: size of cube is muuuuuch smaller than it appears.


also, do a little friday dance people. it's friday, it's raining here (ps, why does my hair always style the best when it's rainy and will likely be ruined and soaked-rat-like as soon as I step outside?) and I have an excellent weekend planned.

and while being silly, this picture was taken. and I kinda like it.

3 comments:

melissa said...

oooh i looooove cake. i just listened to fashion nugget from start to finish the other day while cleaning house. and i forgot just how much i love cake! cockles is definitely dirty...

melissa said...

ahhhhh you just made my day!!! : )

Renee B. said...

i love that picture of us! i use to not, but i am making peace with my profile. :-)

happy monthiversary! yesterday we had a monthiversary (with yummy wood oven pizza with pesto, goat cheese, and prosciutto)...11 months to be exact which means next month is a big one! can you believe it?

and i got a wedding dress today! you probably know this by now, but i'm really excited!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio