Friday, August 03, 2007

you know how sometimes...

you are in a conversation and you want other people to know that you're informed about the subject, so you interject comments/questions that show your knowledgeable? I feel like this is what my project director does to me, and it makes me a leeetle crazy.

also, I heard the coolest thing today. I had lunch with my co-worker/ teammate/ friend Johannes, and he told me about his time in Ghana with the Peace Corps. He said that one of the coolest things about his teaching experience was the names of all the children--names like Confidence, Courage, Wonder, Wisdom and even Perpetual. It made me think of how I used to know a girl named Blithe, and how I thought that was such a wonderful name.

softball yesterday was a lot of fun but A LOT of running. I feel like the heat is REALLY getting to me. I am a big fan of the idea that you should hustle on and off of the field, and I felt like I was just running and running and running. Like, I had to actually sit down and rest for a few. No fun, no fun at all.

and today both my knee and my right arm aren't happy. I am sooooo not an outfielder!

and, I watched a very strange but intriguing movie--Pan's Labyrinth. At first I hated the subtitles, but they were SO WORTH IT. Every review that said it's a fairytale for adults was spot on. I liked the visuals, I loved the plot. And I even found a whole lot of it quite inventive. It's definitely dark and rather gruesome, but so good. A good way to relax after softball, for sure.

I am so. so. so. so. SO! glad it's Friday. Glad indeed.

2 comments:

The Writer said...

I was a wonderful movie wasn't it? Darin and I saw it in the theater and it's one of my favorites...

Ariel and Chris said...

I've been wanting to see that for awhile!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio