Monday, August 06, 2007

preggers, vernacular and coifs.

so let's just get this out of the way: I'm not pregnant. got it? good.

okay, moving on.

this weekend I realized that the South has caught me with its little accent o' doom. I was already a little irked by the way I'd gone from saying "North Carolina" to "nourth care-uh-line-uh" and I'd noticed that I've picked up some peculiar sayings, like "half-in-the-bag" and calling getting ill "booting." But now? Now I've started saying "might should." In sentences such as "you might should consider blah blah blah."

Kat (et al) if I start saying "do what?" you have my permission to wash my mouth out with soap.

also, last night I had my THIRD dream that I was pregnant. third dream in nine days. and I'm really not, just fyi, but it still creeped me out 'cause I don't usually have the same dream over and over. I looked it up (for the third time) and again, it seems like it makes sense but it was vague. ( To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.) In this particular dream I was talking to Marla, and saying "who steals a phone from a pregnant woman? I mean RIGHT OUT OF HER HAND?!?" because, well, someone had. ( To see or use a cell phone in your dream, indicates that you are being receptive to new information. It also represents your mobility. )

riiiiight. lay of the pickles and icecream before bed, huh? yeesh.

and, most fun of all...well, this weekend was fun, for starters. a yummy dinner at porters on friday to celebrate taylor and laura's birthdays (who, by the way, are twins, and we had a whole long convo about how twins have HUGE birthday needs and I think laura and I are going to be good friends we kinda pinkie swore on it) and then went out to the bars. saturday matt and I had sushi (which he LIKED! and will willingly eat again! I'm so excited!!! (also, that phrase always makes me want to follow it up with "i'm so scared" a'la jessie spano)) and saw Oceans 13, which was good but Oceans 11 is still the best.

anyhoodle, sunday I go to see Matt's new apartment which is waaaay far away and I arrive to see him looking like this:





silly boy. oddly enough though? I kinda like it. :) I mean, on a temporary basis, of course. But it makes me want to either a)dye my hair a crazy color to match his crazy mohawk or b)look all ultra-conservative wearing skirts and cardigans and hairpins to completely counter his crazy-self. he cracks me up, for sure.

and, we look cute and normal (in the kind of way you can show to your parents) if I just crop it a little, see?



and speaking of my boyfriend, he wants a boyfriend. no, not that kind--the pillow kind, silly! it's so we can sit on his bed to watch movies. but anyway, this is QUITE alarming. (uh, catch that pun?) I mean, the idea itself totally makes sense, sometimes it is quite nice to cuddle with a guy. but the part about getting more practice at washing and pressing shirts? give me a break (in the arm, not the leg). I just can't believe that people actually buy this. And? why aren't the guy's shirts PAJAMAS, huh? strange, methinks. strange indeed.

and, I liked it that yesterday he said something to the effect of "Carrie, anyone who doesn't like you probably is a bitch." I'd told him about a certain someone's mom who didn't like me and who lied and was rather terrible, and then felt bad for saying that she was kinda a bitch. I liked his response. :)

this, by the way, is what I look like in the lab...



and, one last fun thing--at the end of september I'll be flying to Boston (Katie I'll be emailing or calling you ASAP to talk about getting together!) and we'll be staying in Portland, Maine. Which means we'll drive through New Hampshire. Which means that over the past year (let's do it by my birthday, shall we?) I'll have photographed a total of TWELVE states! woooo hooooo! I'm rather excited about that statistic, as I'm sure you can understand. after I go to those three states I'll be up to nineteen states, I'm almost halfway there! yaaay!

5 comments:

Ariel and Chris said...

Hope it won't be your last trip to Boston - you have to come when we're there too!

katandkarl said...

might could, might should, might would. i believe i caught myself saying one of these not too long ago....... AHHH.

Katie said...

YAY! So glad that you will be visiting!! Also, I don't think that "booting" is a southern term...more of just a college town term, I think. Let's talk soon!

The Writer said...

You need to get yourself some smaller gloves - I know most types have extra small...

care said...

a&c-or I could just come to hawaii first. :) which airport would I fly into again?

kat-it could be worse, you could say the dreaded do what.

katie-you're likely right.

del-funny that you mention that. we bought me some smalls (those are mediums) and they fit, well, like a glove, except that the fingers are too short so I have to wear mediums instead. weirdness.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio