Wednesday, August 22, 2007

i think that anything you want to, you can do, and no one's gonna tell me just who the hell I should sing to!

~stephen kellogg and the sixers

(ps, that band is GOOD and you need to check 'em out el pronto. they're on myspace. or itunes. and i'm glad sterling told me about 'em, for sure!!!

today for lunch I'm having a pb&j, red bell pepper slices, baby carrots, strawberry yogurt, a dr pepper and fritos with bean dip. it is waaay less food than it sounds like...

and I realized that I have a small problem. in general I don't like to eat something for dinner and then have it for lunch the next day. two days later? sure. and I'll eat it the next day if I have to. but I like a hot lunch, or at least one that isn't p,b&j.

and I feel like I need some ideas.

usually for lunch, specifically, I'll make one of the following:
taco salad with doritos
chicken, feta and basil pasta
salsa pasta

and then if I've got leftovers I'll be happy eating chicken enchiladas, mexican casserole or bean burritos for a few days. I'm only up for re-heating chicken breast a few times, plus a lot of my recipes pack enough punch that after eating it twice I'm tired of it.

but I feel like I've been eating the same few things for lunch over and over and over and over. little help?

also, I'd like you to picture a girl in a tshirt, jeans and flipflops. it's raining outside, and it's just started, but she noticed that her right front tire was waaaaay low on pressure, and her gas light has just come on, and she figures she's asking for trouble if she doesn't fix both of these issues pronto.

so she is in the rain. trying to hold on to her umbrella and air up the tires at the same time. and the umbrella won't stay open. and then she realizes her feet are kinda warm, and she notices that there's a little river o' rain running by the curb, and she's standing in it, and the water is all iridescent from the oil. once her tires are finally all at the correct pressure and she's safely under the awning that protects the pumps, it ceases to rain. just in time for her to be under a dry spot.

this girl, of course was me. and I went home and showered pronto. hooray for car maintenance. and also, icks.

at least my night of ravioli, asshole, gin rummy and laughing was a good way to enjoy being clean and dry afterwards. :)

1 comments:

Ariel and Chris said...

I like to bring lunchables to the hospital, myself, but I don't think that's quite what you're looking for...

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio