Wednesday, August 01, 2007

actual conversation from yesterday evening:

me: so, who's helping you move your furniture in tomorrow?
matt: oh, I've got someone.
me: oh good.

and we go back to moving his stuff.
...about two hours later...as we're eating dinner at on the border (the closest thing I can get to tex-mex [or texican] in this land of *authentic* mexican food, which I find especially disconcerting considering that Oklahoma is waaaaay closer than North Carolina is to Mexico, so you think OK would be the state with more authentic food, and NC would have something that was a hybrid, except then I'd want the more authentic food so I'd be screwed either way, but whatev) and getting craptastic service (well, until we got someone to actually wait on us)...

me: so, what time are people coming to help you tomorrow?
matt: um, in the afternoon, I guess.
me: 'in the afternoon,' you guess? no set time, I see. so, who's coming to help you?
matt: I have a couple of people.
me: a couple of people?
matt: yeah, some people. [looks intently at his food.]
pause...
me: some people like you, yourself and you?
matt: uh, no! more like me, myself and I.

silly guy.

also, I feel like the poster child for all things oklahoma, university of tulsa and kappa delta--and often all three! today I am wearing my cute pink eskimo joe's shirt (thanks jessica) and I've had to explain it to three people. monday I wore a homecoming shirt. last week three kd shirts and my tulsa shirt. it's very funny to me. especially when people don't know where I'm from. heh.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio