Friday, July 13, 2007

what an amazing time, what a family...

~gwen stefani

first of, a huge hooray for the Turleys--all five of 'em now! Samuel Mckee was born at 12:12 yesterday afternoon, and he is gorgeous! He's a lucky lucky boy, having such incredible people for his parents. I can't wait to meet him, and I am so happy for you all. Okay, have to stop talking about this, my eyes are getting watery at work!!!

[regaining composure]

okay, more fun. well yesterday...
1)I found out I only have to renew my lease until next July, not next October
2)I found out my rent is going to be $10 less than I thought--which isn't a lot, but it's still $10!
3)I got to play softball. Oh, how I'd missed it. And thanks Kara S. for coming to watch!
4)I went to bed at a semi-reasonable time (especially for me)
5)I made Anna happy.
6)I bought a couch for $80 (three years old, comfy but not super cute, just needs a slip cover and ta-da!)
7)I decorated a clock. see?


yeah, so that's my c.o.m.h. for this friday. except...well. so I wanted this clock for my bathroom, see? I'd been keeping one in my shower but it was little and fogged up and who's awake enough to have to squint in the morning, hmm? seeing the time is painful enough without having to make a huge effort to do so. So I bought this kitchen clock at HomeGoods for $7, then peeled off the paper (which was this cute lemon thing perfect for a green kitchen but terrible for a bathroom) and then mo-po'd this cute fabric on it, right?

easy as pie. or pi. or 3.14. or whatever.

anyhoodle...

so it's bedtime and it's mostly dry so I set it to the right time, put a battery in it and tick, tick, tick, tick...there's no second hand, people!!! why is it ticking every second?!? gah!

I managed to sleep just fine, but really? going to have to reconsider the clock. or its location. or start shutting my bathroom door at night. 'cause it's going to make me crazy.

I have a roommate now--Michelle is staying. Which is awesome, we get along really well. And it means I don't have to get used to someone new. And I like that. Yay for having things figured out, at least through next summer!!!

off to the lab, then to a meeting. toodles. and tgif!

1 comments:

Ariel and Chris said...

Cute clock!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio