Sunday, June 03, 2007

yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

um, or a gambler's. or that of an obsessive-nose-blower. whatev.

yesterday was poker at kim's. it was fun. i came in second when I finally gave in--I just went all in despite having nothing in my hand, 'cause now I was fighting to either get my mulah back or get the pot, and everyone was having to watch kevin and me duke it out. it was really really fun (despite my unhappy nose) and kim was great--she even got me my own special trash can for the copious amount of tissues I used. I ran through my travel pack and she even had more for me--with lotion. yay!


the only bad part was from, oh let's say 2-4 am, when I didn't sleep. I read for a while. I tossed for a while. I turned for a while. I petted gobi and hazel for a while. I text messaged sterling for a while. I broke down and took a benadryl at 245 am. and FINALLY fell asleep by 4.

church was fun. I LOVE science. In church. It rules. Today my pastor talked about titration, and how there's that point where the solution changes color, and how sometimes life it like that--that there's this moment, and everything changes. and there's no going back.

matt and I also talked about science during pirates 3 today. they're rocking the boat, and darn it, they're doing it WRONG. didn't any of you movie people study physics? yeesh. he and I both were like "wtf?!?" yeah. overall, didnt like it so much. seemed like a money-making scheme to me. but as matt pointed out, girls will pay money to see orlando bloom and johnny depp in eyeliner.

oh, and? going to atlantic city in july. yay!!!! this trip is something I'm suuuuuper excited about. extra super.

in addition to the super-extra-good-qualities of the trip in and of itself, I'm also happy because, in less than a month I will add five states to my list of photos--Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. This pleases me IMMENSELY. Especially because I totally plan on visiting Massachusetts in October with my Aunt, and I plan on going to Hawaii within the next year to see the Merritts, and I'll be going to Alabama next May, and maybe when I go visit Mary Alise I can scoot over to West Virginia since it's an hour and change away. This means that in the next year I could easily knock out nine or more states. yaaaay! it's nice to see that this is really a possibility!

oh and speaking of photos, I added more. go check 'em out. and thanks to brooke for the shout-out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny. I saw Pirates today too.


But, I got to watch it on one of the new three-chip DLP movie projectors.

All digital. No lines or spots or anything. It's like an 80 foot HDTV. So pretty.

You gotta get one!

Turner said...

Why are so many people hatin' on Pirates 3? It was better than 2, but not quite as good as 1... which is more than most 3rd-film-in-a-trilogy flicks tend to be.

I hope you stayed for after the credits.

care said...

you know what? I didn't watch until the end. but I know what happened, and that just pisses me off even more.

they're trying waaaaaay too hard and making it about making money instead of about making a good movie. and yes, I know it's a business, but nonetheless, I thought it was terrible.

too open-ended.
too many plot points pulled in.
not enough things closed up.

and? i thought both 2 and 3 were crappy. but I think 1 was just plain awesome.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio