Thursday, May 31, 2007

you've got to be joking or surely you jest

so, a girl walks up to a drink vending machine. she's in a *healthy* mood, so she opts for a bottle of water instead of soda. she's just had to walk upstairs though, 'cause the downstairs vending machine didn't sell water. (wtf?!?)

anyhoo, so she puts her sixty five cents into the machine, hits the dasani button and out comes...

this kid.

what the hell?

(ps, notice reno the cute from LA hanging out in the background). but so, lemme get this straight. it is MORE EXPENSIVE PER OUNCE to buy water than soda. like an entire penny. which just blows my mind. why, praytell, is the WATER more expensive than SODA? why why why? ugh.

it makes me think of the time when I was, oh, let's go with nine. and I wanted to buy paper for school. (you know how I love school supplies) and I wanted to buy recycled paper, 'cause it's all environmentally friendly or whatever.

'cept for the exact same price you could get 120 sheets of regular paper or 80 sheets of recycled. even my hippie mother pointed out that the 120 was the way to go.

so little carita (that's what my mom calls me) wrote good ol' mead a letter, suggesting that they amend their practices and make the recycled paper at least EQUAL to the regular paper in price. couldn't they do something? and who did they think they were fooling, anyway, with that HUGE difference in prices. people READ labels, mr. folks-from-mead. you ain't foolin' nobody.

and off my letter went, via the pony express.

know what they sent me? samples of their various regular non-recycled papers, and a brochure on recycling. goodness me.

also, I'm a letter-writer, if you didn't know. and a complainer, when appropriate. so don't cross me or try to fool me, or you just might find out that my pen is pretty gosh darn mighty, mmm? speaking of pens, but of the un-mighty type, i'm also quite fond of mailing in pens that don't perform properly. perhaps I'm insane. but I don't really think so...

on the bright side? the 10.1 ounce bottle has meant that I've walked to the water fountain a lot today. which is good. especially since the rugby soreness is hitting me hard today. owie.

oh and. know what I luuuurve about the spring/summer? fresh fresh fresh produce. at lunch today I had carrots, cherry tomatoes and red bell pepper slices, and I just finished a berry good snack of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. mmm mmmm mmmm I looooove fruit.

only an hour and a half 'til kd girl time with mexican food and beer/margaritas. i'm looking forward to it, fo shizzle.

happy almost weekend, loves.

2 comments:

Jax said...

hahaha... This made me giggle!!! :) I agree.. I find it so annoying that even healthy FOOD is more expensive than a damn bag of doritos or something.. *sigh* That's why America is fat. Okay, stepping off the soapbox now. Love love!!

Anonymous said...

ha ha very funny. i like writing bitchy letters to airline companies...american sent me a $200 credit once :) although they still blow. have a ballerfic weekend

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio