Tuesday, April 17, 2007

oh dear.

my poor granddaddy is in the hospital again. his legs have been collapsing/crumpling, and his blood pressure was sky-friggin'-high. I love him so much, and it makes me very sad to know he's having to live like this. he was in the marines, if you didn't know, and I know he's always been a tinkerer, so this way of living is probably killing his mind as much as it is his body.

it makes me think of the tire swing he hung on the big tree in front of their house on 31st street, and all the tools in his "workshop" in the basement, and what a big deal it was when I was allowed to go in there. and all the things he installed or fixed himself. and his most excellent muah-ha-ha laugh he used to use to scare anna and me when we were supposed to be sleeping in our beds, but were whispering to each other instead. it makes me miss him. he's pretty much the best man I've ever gotten to know, and I don't know what I can do to help him, other than pray.

they're trying to get his blood pressure to a normal level, and to figure out how to proceed. I believe he's going to have to stay in a nursing home from now on, which I'm afraid will wear down what spirit he has left. it just makes me so sad. sorry to be a downer of a blogger today.

on a happier note there are new pictures on my blog. like this one.


2 comments:

LMNt said...

My thoughts/prayers are with your grandfather.

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers for you, your family, and your grandpa.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio