Friday, April 20, 2007

keeping time and putting my money where my mouth is.

yesterday I was trying to decide if I wanted to change my myspace profile. everyone go look at it, don't worry, I'll wait.

...

[twiddles thumbs]

...

now that you're back. I was thinking about the part that sais "if I invest my time in something, then I mean it." And I started thinking about what, exactly it is that I'm 1)spending my time on and 2)spending my money on. And what it should say to me.

Clearly, it means a lot to me that I am a Greek. That's why I'm so involved, it's why I talk it up, it's why I take on leadership roles. I LOVE it. And I love it even more after talking to my mommie yesterday. For those of you who don't know, she's not a Greek, but my granddaddy is a Sig Ep, my granny and my aunt are KayDees and my other aunt is a TriDelt, as is my cousin far removed. There are LOTS of Greeks in my family. And yesterday my mom was telling me how proud of me she was for joining a house, how she can tell the impact it has had on my life, how wonderful she thinks it is. It makes me smile. But I digress.

The other priorities for me, time-wise, are friends and church. And maybe sports, but not as much. And I like that.

And as far as money goes, taking away things like rent and car payments from the equation, you're really jsut left with art stuff, entertainment and my dadgum teeth.

I'm not even sure why I'm blogging about this, except it looks like, figuratively and literally, I'm putting my money where my mouth is, and it makes me feel good to know it.

tonight, it's widespread with betsy. tomorrow, oh my goodness lots and lots of things. and sunday beading and blue bell. mmmmmmmmmm.

happy friday and THANK GOODNESS.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio