Wednesday, March 14, 2007

ride, [carrie], ride.

~mack rice/wilson pickett

yesterday was a fun day. not particularly fun, not life changing fun. but fun.

I had my first "commissioned" photography experience, and it was wonderful. I took pictures for my softball buddy Nick--they're a birthday present for his dad. The weather was perfect, the sky was beautiful, the backdrop was picturesque and wowzers. Beeeee-utiful. I'm still processing them and picking out which ones to keep, but so far? Loooooovely. Here are a few teasers.



it's a 1965 Shelby GT-350. and it was awesome. the owner thought I was a car chick since I knew about some old cars--my old impala, our batmobile and david's celeste. thanks, btw, mr. henze, for unjumbling my words and getting the song stuck in my head--ah, mustang [carrie]. also, makes me think of when I got to hear Sally Ride speak at the SWE conference--she was the first American Woman Astronaut, dontcha know? And while we waited for her, guess what they played?

also, the picture taking was also great 'cause I had one of those I-can-do-anything moments. And know what? I sure as hell can. Carrie the now-and/or-future patent lawyer / engineer / photographer / mother / teacher / friend / church-goer / singer / painter / guitar player / crafter at your service. :)

and last night I had a very weird dream about frogs. and wasps or bees (something flying and with a stinger). and a mall--or at least I think it was a mall. "To see frogs leaping in your dream, may indicate your lack of commitment. You have the tendency to jump from one thing to another. Alternatively, it may suggest that you are taking major steps toward some goal." and though those two things are completely unrelated they are also quite applicable. weirdness, much? yeah, crazy carrie and her crazy dreams.also, I love love love love love girl time. dinners with girls = best thing ever. except for maybe blue bell icecream. :)
and I feel like I must include this picture of Kim. mostly because she and I have spent a ridiculous amount of time together recently and I STILL like her! seriously though...I've seen her a lot--at least, um six of the last, what, nine days, or something like that? yowza! anyhoo, hooray for Kim.


oh, and a shout out to jackie for calling me a hussy. you make me giggle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha.. :) Heart you! Love the pics btw!!

Nick said...

Nice car. Wish I had blue stripes on mine! Still trying to figure out this link thingee...but I'll work it out. OK, these "tease" pics are killing me, when are we gonna get together to see the full spread?

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio