Friday, March 09, 2007

i've got two songs stuck in my head.

get them out, get them out!!! kidding.

One: I went to the dentist yesterday to get my teeth cleaned. I’ve been using this icky fluoride stuff at night for a few weeks now, and guess what—it worked!!! That icky periodontal disease that was a-growin’ in my gums has cleared up. I have normal “numbers.” And I’ve got those happy [teeth] give them a low down beat, and they begin dancing…

Ah, Kermit the frog, how I love thee. Muppets=awesome.


I am so so pleased about this gum thing. It’s damn good news. And normally I don’t get that kind of news if my teeth are involved.

Two: Day-o, me say day ay ay-o. Daylight come an me wan’ go home. So, I’ve got a banana problem. I have “a beautiful bunch of ripe bananas!” and I keep forgetting to take them to work and eat them. Which means they turn brown. So I stick them in my freezer to keep with the full intention of thawing them later and making banana bread. ‘cept I can’t find a recipe I like. Anybody got one? No nuts please. I like nuts, I like banana bread, but I don’t like ‘em together.

Come mister tally man and tally me banana…

Ooh, and. Would you eat them in a box? Would you eat them with a fox? Do you find yourself thinking of someone in particular when you’re cleaning the ring off the bathrub? Do you know about the butter battle? Or when Horton heard a Who? Or about stars on thars? Or the Grinch who Stole Christmas?

If you know do, even just a little then go do this. It’s easy. And free. And let another child know about the wonders of Seussian Logic.

also, some funnies. this was attached to my bridesmaid dress that arrived in the mail. it made me laugh out loud. jess=silly.

when renee and I tried on the dress we both commented on the boning. apparently only extremely well endowed women wear this dress. because holy moly.

and? I took a picture of my ear yesterday. for renee. and no, you can't see it.

and that's why I heart my bffs. :)



today is a fruit shirt day, another good thing. i got it in dallas (at ross of course) and R&J thought I was a little nutso at first, but now they understand it's very carrie.

here's me wearing it in dallas. it looks cute, no? even dmitry likes it!

Happy Friday! Corners of my home coming soon! and tonight? I BOWL!

and is anybody else thinking "beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice?"


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's an excellent recipe for Banana Bread. Don't skimp on the vanilla-that's what makes it so delish!

3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 large)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 cup nuts (these are TOTALLY optional!)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix sugar, bananas, oil and eggs together. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into greased loaf pan (either 9x5 or 8.5x4.5). Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in pan; then loosen sides from pan and turn out. Let cool completely before slicing (if you can wait that long). Makes one loaf.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio