Wednesday, March 28, 2007

handle them carefully, for words have more power than atom bombs.

~pearl strachan

I had another one of my weirdo dreams last night. This one, though? It's pretty cool. It makes me want to write a children's book about it. So you? Don't steal my idea. I claim it.

So anyway.

In my dream I was with Anna. And it seemed like we might have been younger, but I'm not sure. And we were somewhere much like here, but not. I couldn't tell if we were visiting or what. But I did know a few things--we were staying at my grandparent's home, and one of my old suitcases was on my canopy bed, and there was something strange about this place. Every single one of your words counted. And what I mean by that is--well, all words have connotations, right? And some of 'em are good, and some are bad and some are neutral, y'see.

So when you said a sentence, you could literally see the words escaping from your mouth. Just floating away and dissipating. They were kinda particle-ee and translucent. And the weight of your words was seen on the world. The neutral ones became dust, settling on the surfaces of the world. The good ones acted as a kind of fertilizer, nourishing the plants and making everything shinier or better or cleaner. And the bad words were like poison. I specifically recall them poisoning the fish. And classes of children would be taken to the beach or the ocean to recite good words in hopes of making the fishes better. Every morning and every night each person would say as many good words as they could think of, and if you said a bad one (or ones) you tried to counter them with good.

When I went in to go to sleep I opened my suitcase, which was sitting on the pink and white comforter that I love so much. And inside of it, along with other things, was a little bear I've had since I was, oh, five or six. I wish I had a picture to show you. It's white and fuzzy and wearing a shirt that says "I heart Carrie." And I hugged the bear, and it made me smile. It’s kinda weird though, ‘cause that bear lives in my G&G’s home. It’s been in my room for as long as I can remember.

and then it gets fuzzy. but there was more, I know. something about studying the fish, I think. not sure.

What does it mean, you ask? Well, some of it seems pretty obvious, about the consequences of your words. And there’s some significance to Anna and my Grandparents being in it. But the thing that got me the most was that bear inside the suitcase. See, suitcase and stuffed animal. Hm. Hmm. Hmmmm. Hmmmmmm.

Things making me happy today: $3.88 yellow daisies from wallyworld (target was closed, don’t hate), some of which are on my desk, the silversun pickups (check out their song on my myspace profile) the fact that I’m going to change my photography blog profile description and remove the word “amateur,” how Nick likes the pictures I took and is likely going to get these four (maybe with the ones of the car body in color) and the yummy green grapes I am eating with my lunch. Ooh, and that I have choir today. yay!

I might have to paint while I watch LOST tonight. It's been an awful long time since Wednesday has been art day at the Carrie household...

1 comments:

Nick said...

Nice pics...You should think about doing this "professional"ly and sell them...oh wait! :)

Hopefully, I'll let ya know before the weekend...

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio