Friday, March 02, 2007

friday, glorious friday!

I am mucho pleased that it is friday. Del arrives today, and Mattie (my mazda) and I will be taking a leisurely two hour drive to collect her. We will have a weekend of activities possibly including museums, beer and a little 5k walk for the unc shamrock'n'run. notice, we'll be walking. I don't run unless I'm being chased, there's an emergency or there's a ball involved.

kat and brooke have inspired me to join in on the corners of my home. and here's mine.


it's cluttered and full but I LOVE it. shelves make me happy. they're all along one wall of my room, and there's another small shelf where the ceiling angles down. I also have another kick-ass set of shelves in my kitchen. perhaps I'll share them later. the best part about this shelf is that it contains a lot of things that are important to me--books, pictures, paintings, my plethora of (covered in wrapping paper) text books, some of my paints, my outstanding freshman award and all sorts of memorabilia that's probably more important to me than I could explain to you. these are three of my favorite parts.

I cleaned my room last night, and while it was a harrowing task, I am pleased with the results. And with the music I got to listen to and with the phone company I had for part of it, too. :) My room upstairs is huge-ish, and though I love it that also means it gets dirty really really easy. Oh, and I found a picture of little little Carrie as a ballerina. How cute I was! And look how my mom had to shorten my little leotard. I think I'm three in that picture--we started ballet when I was two!


enjoy your weekend! pictures are SURE to be good--Del is one of the very most fun people I know, and she's a fellow nerd, and a kaydee lady, so we're bound to have a blast!

yay for the first friday in march!!!!

2 comments:

katandkarl said...

i adore the shelvey shelves. adore.

LMNt said...

You are an adorable little ballerina.

A.
Dor.
A.
Ble.

Seriously, yo.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio