Monday, February 05, 2007

there's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware...

~r. m. sherman and r. b. sherman

so, just last friday I found my old friend Molly on myspace. I know her from the summer before 7th grade. Over the course of our friendship she convinced me that I could wear a bikini [you guys can thank her later ;) ], told me how to "flirt" and was the probably one of the first people to make me feel "cool." (Meaning that up until that point I often felt like many insecure teenagers do, that my friends were the cool ones, and they were hanging out with me for any number of not-that-carrie-was-super-cool reasons. Don't worry, I wasn't depressed or anything like that, I just thought that I wasn't the coolest cube in the freezer. But at leastI was still in the freezer. :) this was probably the result of 1)going to school and being friends with rich kids and 2)having acne and 3)that my mom stopped dressing me when I went to first grade and just let me wear whatever I wanted as long as it was cleanish, warm enough and all of the appropriate areas were covered...but I digress...) and she was my first friend to ask me to be in their wedding. We were insta-friends, and I liked it. (and it's because of her, sort-of, that I know one of my very bestest friends, renee! yip-to-the-ee!)

so, anyway, today I go to look at Molly's pictures. And I see her "top friends" and I think, hey, that person looks familiar. I open her page, and I have no idea who she is. But I see that one of her friends has a picture that keeps changing, and it's listing off verses in leviticus regarding tattoos, homosexuality, working on sunday--basically all of those no piercings, only eat this type of food, be fruitful and multiply shalls/shall nots. And each verse has pictures--of mickey d's, or a huge tattoo or whatever.

I find their picture intriguing, so I go to their page to check out whether or not they're for real--is their mind seriously so closed and do they actually present their viewpoint so blatantly? the answer, by the way, seems to be no.

so then (I'm almost done here) I see that one of this leviticus-guy's friends has a weird picture. and I click to see their profile. And guess who's staring back at me on their top friends? Sterling, Christal and Jonathan Tanner. Who I've known since 1st grade, 2000ish and 5th grade, respectively. my. goodness.

though the mountains divide and the oceans are wide, it's a small world after all...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Who was this friend that linked us all together. I'm off to check you're myspace now.

Unknown said...

you're? Wow. I just now looked at that. I must be tired.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio