Sunday, February 18, 2007

some boys kiss me, some boys hug me I think they're o.k. If they don't give me proper credit I just walk away

~madonna

okay, so, I'm not so sure that you could legitimately call me a *material girl,* but I've been thinking about that song--especially those lyrics. I'm having fun with the not-playing games, y'know? I'd prefer the lyrics say "guys"--thank you, danny austria--but otherwise I like 'em. anyhoo.

so holy hell, friday night was CRAZY. see pictures below. it doesn't matter if they're old or new, krugerites + alcohol = yowza.

funny pictures, no? yikes.

man, oh, man. I don't eeeeeeveeeeennnnn wanna tell you what all happened, except that it involved a wiffle bat, lots of beer, a cake and a guy from myspace seeing me in the bar and saying hello. yeah, random. fun, but random. also, who knew that chemical engineers could party oh so hard? enjoy the craziness. seriously.

and, while I was in the car running by a mickey d's (food for the guy I drove home, water and a few stolen fries for me, thanks) I got asked and interesting question by the two employees--did I think women were stronger than men?

I said, "you mean physically? on average, no...plus our bodies aren't built like that."

then they wanted to know well what about mentally, and not like smarter, necessarily, but more like what they can do--the things of which they are capable? I said, well, I'd like to say women are stronger, yes. Mentally strong. Facing more adversities, more drama and, ultimately having babies. That's some mentally tough sh!t, methinks. And the other guy in the car, a fellow ChE chimed in too, actually agreeing, which was a TOTAL SURPRISE that I'm sure he'd rather I not repeat to his friends!

as a final resort, the anti-women-being-stronger guy brought up how we tend to be "emotional." which, honestly, we do. I explained that it was a strength though, and how men oftentimes hide it, which is unhealthy, and blah blah blah.

good thing there wasn't a line, eh? guess that's what you get for going through the drive through at 235 in the morning. turns out my entire evening was one big sociology lesson--which was awesome since my freshman sociology block class was my very fave class of all in college. but yeah, a little odd to be waxing profound about social norms et al while eating fries from the bane of most american's waist lines. but then again, perhaps there's no better place.

2 comments:

Turner said...

Wow. who is THAT in the first pic? Turner = intrigued

care said...

her name is renee. she's sorta my sister, in the same way that erica (in the orange lei) is sorta our mom. long story. fun girl though. :D

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio