Tuesday, January 02, 2007

you pass through places and places pass through you but you carry 'em with you on the souls of your travellin' shoes

-the be good tanyas

and I think that's how it is with me and tulsa. I pass through it, and it passes through me. Is it weird to think that there's Oklahoma *in* me? Like it's a part of who I am in a very very literal sense. and man, oh man, I miss it. and I kinda don't want to type out all about my trip because it makes me a little sad to think how it's all over.

I was going to give y'all a wonderful play-by-play, but instead, I think I'll just share with you the fun pictures. Because that's what I'll remember the most anyway.

the cup game at zio's. if you don't know what that is, check this out. our rhythm is ever-so-slightly different, but that's the basic idea. our server even played this with us! and the manager took the pictures!

and here renee, jess and I are adorable as ever. :) someone actually said, upon seeing this picture, "whoa. you'd be an intimidating group to approach at a bar--you're all so cute!"


and here's a bunch of peeps from the night at the brook. very fun. you should have been there!!!

*slideshow coming soon!*

christmas eve was pretty dang cool too. here's anna and my shoes--it's funny how different they were!

and here's the coolest of the cool--brooke and jackie. the one below has shannon in it too. I had SO MUCH fun, brooke's house is super freaking cute and jackie, well, jackie rocks my socks off. and makes me giggle. it was really heart warming/humbling/wonderful to see my photography on the walls of an artist as fantastic as brooke, too. very good, very good indeed.

my family also took a lot of really silly pictures. I'm not even going to explain most of them. actually, I'm going to add a slideshow here instead. because I can. except it's not working, so I'll try tomorrow.

*again, slideshow in progress*

on christmas day I took a lot of cool (in my opinion) tulsa pics--check 'em on my photography for sale blog. and then we took some at dinner.

my fave meal.

sterling and me at the *cool* quicktrip. please 'scuse my nose and my lip. I got into a fight with the trunk part of the hatchback and then sterling somehow cut my lip (with a fingernail?) when we were playing with harvo's nintendo wii. I looked like I got into a fight. the nose injury is STILL there.

sterling and me preparing for our shared room as old people. these are our old people in rocking chairs faces :)

here's mr monkey, which TOTALLY made my granddaddy light up. I saw him in the nursing home three times, and it was so so so good to see him. I miss him so much, and I'm glad I could cheer him up.


and on tuesday morning, a few hours before my flight, I got to see randi and her little girl stellabelle elaine and meet her hubby. all the stella pix are on sterling's camera, and he's not a good sharer, soooo....those will have to wait.

and I got to have mazzios, get java daves to bring home, get TWO rocking TU shirts, see all sorts of tulsa things and people and take in the oklahoma sky. I love it, people, I love it.

3 comments:

Jax said...

AW! I HEART CARRIE! :) Come back and play! Come back and play!!!

katandkarl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katandkarl said...

ok blogger is being a bitch with my commenting but that is A beautiful pics of three loverly ladies!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio