Friday, January 19, 2007

we shared some information we might not recover from and I watch your convictions melt like ice cubes in an ocean…"I never knew he thought that!"

~ the shins

weird weird weird.

I think I’ve been talking a lot about religion recently. Like, a lot-a lot. And it’s so dadgum strange, and I’m certainly not accustomed to it. I mean, I used to be accustomed to it when I would argue with Eddie Fairchild and Jonathan Tanner ad nauseum, but now? yeah. not.

But I’ve been trying to be real introspective. Figure out what the hell it is that I want, and want to be, and what’s important, and what I can let go.

It’s a strange process, to say the least. A good one, and a necessary one, but strange nonetheless. I had no clue I’d come so far. It’s kind of a nice confirmation.

And, last night I had the longest phone conversation I’ve had since high school. Three and a half hours! I mean, I remember spending hooooouuuuurrrrs on the phone, talking and maybe *watching a tv show together,* like the x-files or something. But this is new.


Today is the last day of one of my favorite people at work. When he started I REALLY didn’t like him. I felt threatened and I feared for my job. Turns out working with him was a great experience, albeit an awkward one at times, and I’m sad to see him go. He was also my pen-buddy. We both have a ridiculous obsession with all things office supply. I will miss the random post-its/clips/pens that arrived on my desk. And I’m sure he’ll miss the ones I gave in return.

Oh, also, Philip Pullman. Author of the His Dark Materials trilogy. Finished his third book this morning when I couldn’t get back to sleep at 6am but also couldn’t drag my sorry ass out of bed. The end is heart-wrenching. I cried. It was good though. If you like Harry Potter, you just might find that you like these three. I got a little frustrated by the end, but I still liked ‘em. AND Nicole Kidman is going to make an awesome Mrs. Coulter. I’m def looking forward to the movie.


Now I just have “A Short History of Nearly Everything” and “Another Roadside Attraction” to finish, and then I can start reading more of the books in my pile of “to-be-reads.” Any suggestions, while I'm at it?


I am sooooooo looking forward to chilling out this weekend, watching the Grey’s I dv-r’d, buying a guitar, watching lectures, cleaning, sleeping in, going to church and then going swing dancing Sunday night. AND picking up my camera in like an hour! Geee-lorious!!!

Will you remember my reply when your high horse dies?

1 comments:

Turner said...

did you ever look into that "Warriors" series I mentioned to you?

It's constantly on reserve at our library here... and it has to do with cats, so it made me think of you.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio