Thursday, January 18, 2007

flakes, flurries, swirls, crystals, whatever form it comes in. i'll take it. we go back, snow and me. we have a beautiful history…

sleigh rides, ice skating, snowball fights. i'll even take curling. god, I love curling! hot cocoa, hot toddies. best time of the year! ~lorelai gilmore

so, it snowed in raleigh. and I am jubilant. :D

Normally, I HATE being woken up by text messages. It irritates the hell out of me. Some default setting on my dumb razr automatically switches the phone to "LOUD" whenever I plug it in to charge. Which, like most people, I do at night. But today I was thankful for that loud default, 'cause Kevin sent me a message to tell me it was snowing!!!!

it was really nice to get up early, not turn on the lights and sit in bed, huddled in blankets and petting gobi and hazel. then to have a leisurely morning and to wear a turtleneck to work. and gloves. and my puffy coat. I EVEN enjoyed scraping the snow and ice off Mattie--it's her first snow!

I've gotten my snow fix, ladies and gents. and it's wonderful.

and, for you amusement (and mine) check out this shirt from david & goliath. they crack me up. seriously.

maybe tonight, after the KD happy hour, I will go home, enjoy hot chocolate, cuddle up with my kitties and begin to crochet with the yarn I bought in Tulsa. very old-lady like, I know, but I sooooo don't care!





2 comments:

Jax said...

I love it!! :) Hooray snow! :) I actually LIKE snow.. its the damn ice I hate. :) I also like the new layout! I plan on playing with mine every time I get bored.. lol! :)

The Writer said...

I love the tshirts. Very cool. Trying to figure out who I can get one for. Hmm.

Glad you're enjoying the snow - wish it was snowing here. Kind of. I wish I would get to wear one of my many coats. Oh well.

Umm.

Bye!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio