Saturday, January 13, 2007

atypical troika.

so, personally, I think this is a little strange. maybe you don't, but Katie did too.

Katie and I went into Barnes and Noble last night after seeing The Holiday (which was cute, but Kate Winslet should have had gumption, Jude Law needed to lose those glasses, Jack Black was hilarious and Cameron Diaz should have told him how she felt, but anyway, still cute) and eating dinner at CPK.

I had intended not to buy anything, but I found three things I wanted so I got 'em.







and personally? I think that buying Paste Magazine, Scientific American and a Far Side daily calendar all at the same time is a little odd. They're three very different things from three very different genres and they are kind of on the more extreme end of each genre. I know very few other people who read science-ee things for fun, and it's people who know a lot more about music (or have an even greater appreciation for it) that read Paste and although I don't understand how you could not love Far Side, Gary Larson's humor is sometimes a bit out there. I tried to find my favorite one, the one where God is adding jerks into the universe to make things interesting, but alas, it is not to be found.

anyhoo. happy saturday. and while you okies are kept under that miserable airport-closing layer of ice, it's in the upper sixties and lower seventies in the Triangle area. What??? weather is so weird recently. I was completely jealous of your snow late last year, and I really want some here, but an ice storm? count me out. sorry t-town-ers.

1 comments:

Renee B. said...

i love paste. and far side. i can appreciate scientific american, but i probably wouldn't buy it. :-)

i'm stuck in OKC under a layer of ice but with my family and my boy so it's okay!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio