Monday, December 11, 2006

twelve.

That’s how many days until I go home. Now, I firmly believe that home is where the heart is. I mean, right? It’s not a place, it’s an idea. And for me, a lot of it is my family.

“Maybe thats all family really is. A group of people that miss the same imaginary place.”

Gosh, I love Garden State. And I do miss my crazy-ass family. Anyhow. So, today my brother reminded me of something that’s just WONDERFUL.

And it’s the Twelve Days of Christmas. My family isn’t big on traditions, but we’ve got a few, and this is one of them. And I Can’t. Wait. To. Sing. It. Every year, on Christmas Eve, usually while eating chili and drinking cider or eggnog or whatever, we sing the song, and we put on our ornaments. We have a Twelve Days of Christmas set, you see.

Sometimes we make up the lyrics. And some times we fight over who gets to put on which ornaments. And sometimes we all sing a different word, and do so loudly, in hopes of overpowering the others. And sometimes we try to hold out five golden rings (or rotten things, or roast beef sandwiches, or snorts from gracie, or whatever) for as long as we possibly can...And every time we laugh and laugh and laugh. It is my favorite part of the holiday, I think.

So, I know that the twelve days of Christmas really come *after* Christmas, but I don’t care. I’m going to count down Carrie’s own Twelve Days of Christmas, anticipating the fun to come.

So here’s a picture for you. Can you beat it?

And, should you be in town on the 23rd, please shoot me an email. We’re going out on the town, and you’re invited. Yippee!


twelve drummers drumming.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio