Wednesday, November 01, 2006

ri-damn-diculous

so, yesterday I posted an apartment-mate ad on my work site, and today I finalized the one for craig's list. and you know what's crazy?

Fair Housing Laws.

Now, I know why these things exist. I totally understand that discrimination could be an issue and everyone has equal rights...but what's this crap about someone being able to SUE me for saying that I'd prefer to rent the room to someone with no kids, or who is in school, or who is young, or who is a female? huh?

what's the problem with this? and am I breaking the law by telling these people "no" if they call and ask about it? grr.

double grr even.

this is ridiculous in the same way that "do not iron clothes on body" labels are ridiculous.

ps--ooh, but wait. I just read that since we'll have shared space I am allowed to say "female." yee-haw.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally feel your pain with the stupid laws that exists. :) Before long, we aren't going to be able to do ANYTHING without a law about it. Ironic that this is coming from me, huh? haha! Um.. also.. what cracks me up even more is you cant write that in there, but you can meet people and dismiss them for your own reasons which could have been what you didnt publish anyway! UGH! I mean.. you cant really SAY so.. but still..wouldnt it save everyone some time if you could say "SWF looking for another SWF that doesnt smoke, is fairly quiet, has no weird ex's that might stalk our house.. and..um.. likes to clean." haha..

Anonymous said...

The thing is, if you look at other craigslist adds for roommates, they ARE specific. The fair housing laws apply mainly to people renting out an apartment.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio