Thursday, November 02, 2006

come on, I'll let you borrow my four leaf clover, come on, take it with you you can pass it on...

~badly drawn boy.

I have found so many of these that I forget where I put 'em. they're usually in my copy of the secret garden, but I think that might still be in Tulsa. anyhoo.

Last night I was giving my room and closet a thorough cleaning--going through drawers and putting up clothes that were still in laundry baskets, throwing away things, etc. (PS, anybody want some cute size 1 or 2 clothes? I cannot BELIEVE I could wear those in college and after I moved here. Did I not eat?!? Or was I just uncomfy all the time because my pants were too tight and I was in size denial? hmm...) So back to the story.

I look in the top drawer of my dresser and I find a little jewelry box--with these guys in 'em.

I'd pressed them in a book, but I'd never gotten around to taping them up (so they'll stay nice). I find SO MANY four-leaf clovers--and notice that one of 'em has five! I once found one with seven leaves--it was pretty cool, especially since you could see that it was really a four-leaf clover and a three-leaf clover that had conjoined stalks. Very neat.

But kind of weird because I'm not even sure that I really believe in luck. I believe more in fortune (see def 2) than I do luck. Maybe because I've found a bazillion of these little guys, and yet I don't know that I'm "lucky." "Fortunate," perhaps, but not lucky. Or maybe I just shouldn't believe in luck as it pertains to four-leaf clovers. hmm, hmm. After all, my eyeballs just recognize an abnormality in the pattern of the clover patch, right? I mean, sometimes I'll just walk by, they'll catch my eye, and I'll have found one.

anyhoo. [again]

you should ask sterling about the story (or was it a dream?) that he had about my finding a four-leaf clover and healing a snake bite with it or something like that. ah, being fourteen. ha!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

in response: well, i have always said pray-leans....

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio