Tuesday, November 28, 2006

oregon for thanksgiving: friday

Friday morning we wake up, intent upon going to BLACK FRIDAY sales, as Atanas is experiencing his first Thanksgiving, and he wants to get the whole package. Kim thinks we’re crazy and stays home. I can't say I blame her. We got there too late to get the early-bird sales tho...

We take the bus to the mall (which was a brilliant idea!) and upon arriving see that it’s not nearly as crowded as we’d anticipated. Not nearly.

After a quick breakfast/brunch/lunch and my first ever purchase from Jamba Juice, the shopping begins.

By the way, what’s with everything being hooded? I mean, everything?!? Weird, I think. But anyhoo…I bought a few things, but nothing exciting. I *almost* bought this coat, but talked myself out of it. If it had been shorter, I soooo would have gotten it. Oregon doesn’t have sales tax, and that was nice!!! And I bought this very cute scarf with, um skulls and crossbones on it. Seriously. But from a distance, you can't even tell. And, there was a LEGO store!!! They had this wall of blocks, and I thought they had pink ones, but they were just flowers. :( Jeremy has assured me that if I come to San Diego we can go to LegoLand, and I will be in nerdy-kid heaven.

ps-found some fun pics...I would have liked them to have the pink one--and if they'd had this many colors you KNOW I would have purchased them.

Instead, I left with a keychain!

After a few hours in the mall, some godiva chocolate, a trip to Nordy’s and Williams Sonoma, we made our way to the grocery store to get some fixin’s—I made a pumpkin pie for dessert and we had leftovers and a nut roast (which was surprisingly good!) for dinner. We played scrabble while it cooked, though we never got to finish the game…And lots of funny things were said that I can no longer remember, but if one pops back up, I’ll let you know. And then?

then?

Then we saw Little Miss Sunshine at this really cool kinda old-ee theatre. That movie is damn funny. Both friggin hilarious and gut wrenching at the same time! I’m not sure if it was the wine or the pear cider or the sitting beside Jeremy, but I laughed A LOT. And I kept saying “oh, no, what if THIS happens” and it kept happening. But it was still not predictable. If you haven’t seen it, go check it out for a good laugh.

It made me want to buy the shirt of this that I saw at Urban Outfitters, but now that Britney Spears is wearing on I think I'm required to opt out of it. Perhaps I can get a different character? Eh. Maybe none of the above is best.

I also tried to take some interesting pics of this cool tree, but they came out icky. Prolly ‘cause I was a skosh tipsy and still reeling from that movie!

We came home and talked about all sorts of things. Cricket, Kim’s cat, got the royal treatment, too—y’know those back massager things with four sticks with balls on them? Well, Kim had one that vibrated too, and Cricket lluuuuurrrrvvveeess it. Kim did imitations of people from their school in London-Richmond -and Jeremy and I made TU comments too. For a while the topic wandered to things like genital mutilation and how the US is a bully and I think I blocked the rest of it out on purpose. I felt like they (except Jeremy) felt about me like how I feel about most Oklahomans. [that sentence was awkward, eh? what I mean is, talking to them made me feel like I was a conservative instead of a liberal, ‘cause they’re waaay more liberal then I am—perhaps I’m actually a moderate, no?]

I had them listen to the first Gray’s Anatomy cd, and Andrew Bird, and they introduced me to an electropop-ish group called The Knife. And we had dessert—and whipped the cream by shaking it! And then, at dark thirty (double dark thirty by carrie standard), Jeremy and I had some more airborne, and we all went to bed. snug as a bug in a rug.

1 comments:

Turner said...

I still thnk MY thanksgiving plan/suggestion would have been waaay cooler. But this one sounded pretty fun too

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio