Sunday, November 12, 2006

no, wait, where was that lion?!?

so, richmond? fun place.


well, we drove to richmond in the am, went through a police barricade to get to our hotel, checked in and headed for short pump. after some yummy sushi we hit the mall--we went shopping at h&m and urban outfitters and nordstroms, where we bought the cutest shoes! they're these retro looking bcbgirls shoes--mine in multi rust and mary alise's in grey and brown. they look like an old couch or sweater. so fun! and then there was the incredible home furnishings offered by west elm and crate and barrel. yowza!

I couldn't resist this stocking--it's the one on the right, and it looks more pink in person. Pink and Shiny? totally Carrie. ;)

I think I really like this couch. A little retro and a lot of fun...I'm not 100% on it yet, but it was comfy. And I'm so glad we went and sat on everything!!! I don't know about either of these colors, but I have more options too. i think I'm going to ask for samples.

so, then we got a manicure, had our hair washed and styled, and went to the macy's makeup counters to get our make-up done. she put an awful lot on, but it looked quite good! and it was nice to have hair with volume! at the hotel we changed and sucked down the champagne before heading to the tobacco company. we gave up waiting in line to go downstairs, and headed in.



we met some skeezy old guys, and I walked up and introduced myself to this very attractive guy who was there with his friends. (thanks mary alise for making me!) we had fun talking...and shooting kamikazes that were the size of a juice glass--yikes! a few too many drinks later we wandered around, heels making us almost fall over on the cobblestone. buuuuttt...we met some men in uniform! :)

there were lots and lots of marines out there--guess they'd had a ball or something.



and then the cop who apparently was a marine first. they talked about it a little. this cop looks frightened! or like a deer in headlights.



after an excursion to the hospitality suite of some guys whose company had brought them there from washington state, we finally went to bed. at some time after 4am. needless to say the ride home was a miserable one. but, we got breakfast in our room, and sat in bed recounting the night. We'd forgotten about most of the pictures, and when I pulled up the more recent one-with the lion, we could not remember for the life of us where it was! We know it's on Cary Street inbetween the Tobacco Company and Sine, but that's all she wrote...

our breakfast. yum! despite the headache. also, I believe that the amount of cologne worn by the skeezy old men in that bar made my nose very angry. :(

I'm glad to be home, not in the car and spending time with my kitties, but I can't wait for our next trip!

2 comments:

Turner said...

sounds like yo uhad a great night on the prowl. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

you look gorgeous, girl!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio