Wednesday, October 25, 2006

it feels so good when he sticks it in my ear.

That’s what my best good friend Ariel has to say about an otoscope.

VERY funny at dinner. Even more amusing when taken completely out of context.
Those people at Waraji must have thought we were bonkers. And Michael? He totally knows how to take a joke far far too far. But of course we all joined in.

And, I learned some new things during this convo. 1. Ariel hates earwax. 2. no one else really cares for it either. 3. Michael likes to clean out both of his ears with qtips at the same time! Weirdo.

SO, anyhoo, my birthday day was SPECTACULAR!!!

I got flowers from my two best friends. And it was so neat--it just so happened that the florist put three yellow roses and three white daisies in the arrangement--esp. cool since there's three of us, the yellow roses mean friendship and white daisies are our favorite. :)

I got the supercool picture I bought in the mail. (ps, totally go check out her art it’s incredible!) can't wait to hang it up!


And then I got sushi and presents! My friends are the awesomest. Thanks for making a potentially sucky birthday not suck at all! Thanks for the cupcakes and the phone messages and the flowers and the presents and the cards and the sushi and the FUN. And I know there’s more birthday things arriving in the mail soonish. Yippee!

Also, this is good lipgloss. technically lip jelly--more like lipgloss in chapstick form. yum!

And I’m so buying this shirt, which I found because I checked out the other flavors of lipgloss one because I liked that one so much already. isn't it cute?

ooh, and? tonight is LOST. and it's wednesday so that means art day! which I may just have to celebrate today. I've had a painting stuck in my head, and I want to get going. But only if I'm a good girl and watch my lecture first!

also, it's really weird that all of the constant parts of my daily life are in flux--my office is new, my lab is moving, and I'm moving around my bedroom, too. that's an awful lot of changes all at once!

and a clarification about the number 26--it's the only number that is sandwiched exactly between a square and a cube (5 squared is 25, 3 cubed is 27). make more sense now?

2 comments:

Turner said...

You have no idea how perverted I expected this blog to be upon reading the title.. then I realized that Carrie doesn't have a perverted bone in her body - which only made me more curious.

care said...

as Mr. Burns would say... "excellent..."

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio