Thursday, August 17, 2006

i'm feeling very rory gilmore right now.

Looked at some grad schools last night--Cornell, Harvard and MIT.

Cornell is out. No research I want to do, I don't think, and no Ithaca, NY, please.

MIT needs more investigation. I didn't find anything I liked, but the site was a little difficult to navigate. They seemed quite decentralized--borderline disorganized--in their admissions.

Harvard looked good, and I found two profs I might want to work for. Lots of environmental stuff. AND, you can take classes at MIT through Harvard, sometimes. Interesting.

I still have others to look at--NC State, Virginia Tech, Clemson, U of Florida, Penn State, Georgia Tech and who knows where else. And once I pick 'em, then there's applying and references and essays, oh my!

So, since I like Harvard best right now, does that mean I'll end up going to Yale? That's what Sterling thinks.

(though, of course, Yale would require me to leave the Materials Science and Engineering idea and do Environmental Engineering instead, which I'm not totally opposed to. anyhoo.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Clemson!

Anonymous said...

Well said Del!

Clemson is god's country - there's no better place to go back to school.

Go Tigers!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio