Monday, June 19, 2006

arrrrgh!


oh dear. note: this blog post deserves a rating--certainly PG-13. but still.

so, friday I came home and at 3ish began cooking the cake (see irrational fear from last week) and drinking beer. then I began making chicken enchiladas and mexican rice, dinner for me and the four guys. it was good. post dinner and post plenty of beer, we walked to the food lion that's just down the street. a shopping cart, a trek through the woods and a port-a-potty were involved, but it's a long story. we've gone to buy, um, I can't even remember....oh, sugar!

we did not, however, buy beer, though we'd already killed two cases, three tall boys, two forties and a grolsch blonde. before 9pm.

we head home and fifteen minutes later johnny, susan, dan and cory roll up. i make drunken cupcakes while they catch up. we cannot get the boys to stop eating said cupcakes, so I hide them in the entertainment center. someone eats the crispies off the bottom of the oven. it is hilarious.

we eat the german chocolate cake. (see previous post)

the rest of the evening is a tad fuzzy. I do remember insisting that the guys NOT install the TJ Dome Light switch I got Otto OR the steering box skid plate that Dan got him. There were four of them trying to do so at 1215AM. I took pictures.

then I had water and went to bed.

this was all on friday.

saturday morning I wake up to find that johnny and susan have gotten BoJangles--for everyone! hooray! we climb ouut of our various levels of hungover (me=low. otto=high. erik=yikes.), hose off, pick up the keg, attack the japanese beetles that decimated my basil and head to the brewery in Holly Springs for a little hair of the dog. It's AT LEAST 85 degrees in there, and there are easily 100 people standing around, drinking the free beer and immediately sweating it out again. We only get one beer before leaving, deciding that we'd rather pay $2 for beer in an air conditioned location with water, food and seats, then continue drinking the free stuff.

at mitch's tavern (a very cool place everyone should visit) we sit at the table we sat at the night otto and I got together (awwwww....) and it took TWO HOURS to get food. wow. at least it was yummy.

we realize (and I panic) that it is now 4pm and people will arrive in three hours.

so, Carrie went into bossy mode and we everything got done. I was even ready three minutes early.

and then there was the party, which deserves only a little explanation.

there was a keg.
there were tequila shots.
there was music.
there were fake tattoos.





the theme was pirate.
and at, oh, let's say three am, there was drunken banana grilling. and someone applied the tattoo to his ass (in front of EVERYONE) but I opted not to include that picture, so much.

so. much. fun. see?


and that, my friends, is how you throw a birthday party. well, if you're me. :)

4 comments:

Turner said...

Effin sweet party Carrie. You always had that "hostess with the mostest" vibe - you just never threw a party whilest I was stil around.

Maybe all that'll change if I wind up in Lumberton.

brooke knight said...

that looks like a fabulous time...the pirate theme is a winner!

Anonymous said...

Your kitty scares me.

care said...

you know, sometimes she scares me too.

but today I was thankful because she woke me up--my alarm didn't go off properly--though, I must admit she woke me up by kneading my leg with her claws, but still.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio