Saturday, May 27, 2006

who-cares-ual?

note: some of the senitments expressed in this post have been made more clear. if at any time you thought I was confirming that I thought that Justin was gay, you were sadly mistaken. all I meant to say was that 1) I don't think so, 2) people should exercise tact and follow the golden rule and 3) I don't care one way or another, anyhow. yeesh.

So, in the past-let's say eight-days I've had eleventy billion people ask me if/tell me that/explain to me why my ex-husband is gay. Eleventy. Billion. Give or take a dozen. Okay, more like four. But whatever.

Some of these people are pretty random. Like, I haven't talked to them since my sophomore year of college. And some of them just haven't ever gotten the chance to tell me/talk to me, I guess. One person in particular just wanted me to know that I was too good for him, and it came out in that convo.

But you know what? I don't care. I do know that currently he's in a relationship with a girl. Does that mean he's not gay? No. But does it mean that I want to dissect whether or not he is, or that I think he is? Clearly, surely, positively not. Nor does it mean that I care one way or the other. But, for the record, as far as I am aware he is not.

And why do people feel it is appropriate to randomly broach that subject (the cause for the divorce, that is)? I mean, if you're a good-ish friend of mine, and we haven't really ever talked about it, and you waited to talk to me in person, okay, that's completely reasonable. But why does Mr. Random McRandomson ex's frat bro over here think it's okay to myspace message me about something like that? Especially when Mr. R McR was 1)never my friend and 2)never my ex's friend? Do people not know tact? Or couth? Or decency? I mean, if you wanna ask, ask. But don't say "did he come out of the closet, is that why you 2 split?" 'cause that just ain't classy.

Plus, I can't just ignore it because people would assume they were right. And the honest answer is I don't know. Or maybe. Or no. Or certainly. Or are you kidding? Or I think not. Or more importantly, I don't care.

It doesn't matter to me, and it doesn't reflect on me, and quite frankly all I DO care about it that I just hope that people can play nice and be happy and not judge one another. I guess I may be asking for too much.

Anyway, done ranting now.

Today I'll see XMen 3 (STERLING SAYS STAY TIL THE END OF THE CREDITS!!!) and on Sunday I'm going to a Nascar race in Charlotte to have a hot-dog grillin', beer drinkin', ear-plug wearin', good time! Here's to redneck fun! Go nummer-'leven! (I don't know who that is, but 11 is my favorite number, soooo...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sterling is absolutely right!

I always stay through the credits, unless my friends are whining about leaving early.


Oh, and is your ex gay? (Just kidding...)

Turner said...

I haven't seen X3 yet, but I've been reading moxed reviews. Course, any negative ones are from 20-something guys who live in their mom's basement and have a collection of Babylon 5 T-shirts and two of each limited edition STAR WARS watches from Buger King.

enjoy the Coca-Cola 600. NASCAR is fun to watch. No. 11 is Denny Hamlin (link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/nextel/drivers/1283 ) I've never realy heard of him, but i'm not that big of a NASCAR fan. I like to watch it from time to time.

Anonymous said...

Wellll, as a 20 something guy who didn't like X3, I would say you're a little offbase there, with the whole mom's basement thing and all.

If you're not too careful, some people could take offense.

-Sterling

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio