Wednesday, April 26, 2006

ouch.

that's what my pocket could be saying.  to my hand, that is.  not that my pocket speaks.  though sometimes I do think my hand has a mind of its own.  not that I mind.  tee hee.  and hmm.
 
first of all, the cabinet is mine--all mine!  insert evil laugh here! 
 
I'm getting rid of those pulls on the door elpronto though, because I think they're ugly. And if I can find appropriate new metal I'm gonna use it (though I'll likely keep the old). 
 
and I called about having it professionally stripped and refinished--yikes!  more than TWICE what I'm paying for the cabinet.  So for now I think I'm just going to repaint it (in any case it needs a new coat, at the very least).  Perhaps a similar green for simplicity sake, but perhaps not.  Color opinions will be needed soon, I'm sure! But even repainting it is going to increase the cost of the stripping/refinishing by like $100, potentially.  Of course, all these numbers come from one person over the phone, but their reviews online are very positive, and I don't think I'm going to get it for a whole lot less.
 
I could just have 'em strip it and refinish it myself, and that would be cheaper, but apparently it's very hard to get the color to come back out from mahogany.  So, um, yeah.  Guess I'm going to do a little light how-to reading and then decide.
 
And a point.
Every guy I've spoken to has told me to strip/refinish it.
Every girl has said I should just give it a new coat of paint.
there are no exceptions to this rule thus far.
 
weird, eh?
 
Oh, and one more exciting thing?!?  Sterling and I are going on a crazy wonderful trip in September.  To guess where...
 
time for spaghetti and garlic bread with the girls. mmmmmm.
oh, and look for some KayDee bragging in the near future!

6 comments:

sadkingjonathan said...

That's because painted wood is ugly, and boys just have a better since of the beautiful than girls, with their rigorous, analytical minds.

SJ said...

Where are you and Sterling going? Antarctica? Guam? The Ukraine?

...you should totally have a contest to see if people guess. Until someone who already knows ruins it.

That's it, it should be who can come up with the best answer!

...I'll let you figure out details, it is your blog, after all...

care said...

jonathan, thank you kindly for saying that girls have rigorous, analytical minds. ;)

and sterling, now I have the of montreal song in my head. the one that says "let's pretend we're in antarctica."

guessing contest, go! I'll send the winner a shiny quarter via the mail, even though it will cost more than a quarter to mail it. all submissions are due by 5pm EDT on Sunday, April 30th. no purchase necessary. void where prohibited. and stuff.

Anonymous said...

Rome and perhaps Florence, that's my guess

care said...

nope, anon. good guess though. rome is on my list of places, as you know.

sadkingjonathan said...

China?

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio