Wednesday, March 01, 2006

TU-L-S-A

things I miss about Tulsa. in no particular order. (though I admit it is lunchtime, so food is on my mind)

Mazzio's Pizza
TU (and the bookstore--I need a new TU shirt or three BAD--all of mine are too ratty to wear...)
Hobby Lobby
Zio's
The grid pattern of the roads (mmm mmm mmm I love the alphabet!)
The Bead Merchant
Hair For You (the best hair person in the world works there. her name is Cheryl)
Greek Stores (there are NONE in the Triangle area. NONE. yet there are two huge state schools here with ginormous fraternities and sororites)
Bourbon Street Cafe
Big Al's
Harvard Avenue (the street, not my brother--his name is Harvey but I sometimes call him Harvard Avenue)
Brookside (the shops and the restaurants/bars)
Java Dave's
Riverside Drive, and the 21st St Bridge
The cute shops on Cherry Street
The way that it seems soooo far to go from TU to South Tulsa, when it reality it's not far at all
Sonics--they're everywhere!
A&W Root Beer
Claude's Hamburgers
Brownie's
Reasor's Grocery Stores
The Pickle Bar at Goldie's
all of the hills on the roads--like 36th St
Drug Warehouse
Not using yahoo maps on a bi-weekly basis
Utica Square
Having a piano
Zink Park
Bank of Oklahoma (way better than walk-all-over-ya wachovia)
the fancy Art Store I whose name I can't remember (triangle?)
knowing the funny names of little towns. like Wewoka or Talequah. OR Sallisaw, Henrietta, Wagoner, Catoosa--get it?
the penguins



and of course I miss my friends and family--but they aren't things, and that's why they aren't on this list.

sigh.

I will never ever ever move back to Tulsa, I'm pretty sure. (trying not to say absolutes, y'know? in my experience they get broken.) But I hope I get to visit it often so I can get my fix. I'm looking forward to May.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio