Monday, February 13, 2006

sing-song...

i've got something in my pocket, it belongs across my face...
i keep it very close at hand in the most convenient place...
i'm sure you wouldn't guess it if you guessed a long long while...
so i'll take it out and put it on it's a great big brownie smile!

mmmmm girl scout cookies....


Otto and I realized awhile ago that we each bought six boxes of cookies...and we still kept all twelve of them. One per month?

I miss the Our Chalet cookies. They were sandwich cookies filled with lemon cream or vanilla cream, and if you squeezed them together right it looked like sun was rising (sort of). Plus they were yum yum yummy. Better than those triangle cracker things. But I like the staple GS Cookies best--thin mint, samoa (though I only kind of like these) and tagalongs. Truthfully trefoils ain't too shabby either.

So if you haven't bought any yet, go do so. Help a Scout out. I bet they're selling 'em outside a grocery store near you...or at the Brady Theatre. Or something.

2 comments:

brooke knight said...

i liked those lemon creme things too....

i concur with marc on tagalongs, but samoas are still my fav!

ah, i miss the innocent days of gs. i still have my uniform, maybe i will be that for halloween '06 if i can squeeze my ass in it!

Anonymous said...

Thin mints are the cookies of the gods (especially when they're still frozen.) And Samoas? I've eaten boxes at a time. Has anyone else tried them as a desert following Chinese? That's a whole new experience.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio