Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I wish I wasn't just a pedestrian...

breathing all of this in...

too much carbon monoxide for me to bear...


-cake

I can't stand the alarms any more. I'm having to do work with carbon monoxide, and I keep setting off the sensors, which are set at the 40 - hour - work - week - continuous - exposure - maximum level. There's a weird acronym for that, but I always forget it... Ahhhhh! See, it's bad news, 'cause there are two levels of alarms, and if I set off the second level for a duration of 2 minutes or more it calls the fire department and tells them there's been a toxic gas release. So they'll be coming in with their Hazmat suits and I'll have to explain what happened. Yikes.

We made some weird silver octopus-looking system for extending our vacuum vent, and hopefully that will work.

But at least I've gotten to sing the cake song for the last three days...

where's the air?
where's the air?
where's the aaaaiiiiiiiirrrr?

It's always swell when there are songs to go with your work. I mean, the seven dwarfs had it, right? And it's like having Buffy's Musical, Once More With Feeling, going on in my head. Either that, or having a musical in your head makes you a little bonkers, I'm not sure which...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And just so you know, the fire department does NOT like getting in the hazmat suits and rushing places. (Don't ask).

Hey, random question, but do you like the Postal Service? I swear they have a song to describe your post....

LO said...

"....or having a musical in your head makes you a little bonkers, I'm not sure which..." Or maybe, just MAYBE, it's the CO2 you're working with??

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio