Monday, February 06, 2006

happy birthday to atom-bomb

my little-but-bigger brother Adam turns the big twenty-two today.
 
and instead of punishing him with an embarassing picture, I'd like to tell two stories. ah, little kid stories.
 
1. After Adam was born, Anna and I got to come to the hospital to "meet" him.  Y'know, get to see our wittle baby brudder.  And after asking my mom questions about him, I then said, "can we keep him?"  Boy oh boy do I regret that sometimes.... ;)
 
2. One summer, when I was little (I think I was almost six, making Adam about two and a half or three) we adopted two kitty-cats, and named them Rainbow and Bluey.  Oh, how I miss them.  Anyhoo, so it's the first night we have them, right?  And we've been holding them and playing with them and even letting the little hellian known as Adam see the kittens, despite the fact that he was in that stage of life where he destroyed everything.  So, it's Adam's bedtime, see?  And he's in his crib, and Anna and I are in the living room, and we begin looking for the kittens.  And after a search, we go to check Adam's crib, thinking maybe he snuck 'em in there or something.  But no, they aren't in there.  Well, at least not in his crib.
 
You remember thos GI-Joe sleeping bags?  (They had my little pony, rainbow brite, thundercats, carebears etc) The really crummy but trendy sleeping bags that came with a matching carrying bag?  Well, Adam had one of those.  Camo.  And he had taken the two kittens and put them inside of the carrying bag, and had hung that bag on one of the corners of his crib.  We found Rainbow and Bluey because we heard them meow.  And when we asked Adam why he'd done that (after we'd rescued the kitties of course) he said that since it was his bedtime, it was their bedtime too.  And we think he'd put them in the bag because he thought they were toys.  Silly boy.
 
 
now, if you're lucky, maybe Adam will share his behaving-like-Alf story.
 
Oh, and PS...blink......blink....blink...blink-blink-blink-blink.
 
Happy Birthday!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio