Thursday, January 19, 2006

weird nights beget weird dreams.

so, the most vivid part I can recall is being in a parade of some type--one that passed through a cruise ship--and pausing to take a picture of the Tulsa skyline from the water. Like the Staten Island Ferry and NYC, except it was a completely different angle, and it was Tulsa, but with some small additions. Weirder still was that my camera wouldn't work correctly, so I just snapped a few and left. And when I viewed them I saw that I'd focused into the water, and there you could see a shark attacking a turtle, and then another one of just the shark, but it was blurry.

then went looking for Otto and I found him in the ship's arcade. And then David showed up, and he had on one of those old-fashioned I'm going on an adventure in the jungle outfits with the funny hats, and everything had blue piping.

and earlier in the night someone told me how I needed a new one of my fancy bookmarks and cut one for me. but mind you, my "fancy bookmarks" are pieces of ribbon. polka-dotted, in fact.


riiiight.


anyhoo. my work situation's gotten a little shaken up. Sherlock's real name is Rick, by the way. (which I didn't realize until a few days ago is actually the end of "derrick.") We're getting along just fine now, and I no longer question if he's posturing. Yesterday I found out I'm being phased off the diesel project, which is what we were both working on, and I'm slightly bummed because I was just starting to get in the comfort zone. So now I'm working on Lora's project. something about membrane selectivity for H2S over CO2, and using flurohydrocarbon polymers for the membranes.

I. Am. Such. A. Nerd.

Y'all recall the donkey from Shrek? We'll instead of hearing him say "in the morning I'm making waffles!" think of him saying "this weekend we're making sushi!"
why? because we like it. And because we'll all be together for offroading. And because if it's bad 1) we have beer and 2) we can order sushi or pizza (if we're tired of looking at the raw fish!)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio