Wednesday, December 21, 2005

so, I don't usually do this, but...

I'm going to post about music.

this is pretty fun. you can get one of her albums, Soviet Kitsch, on amazon. (PS, does anyone else think of Bartley every time you hear the word kitsch? I do.) I like all of the onomatopoeia she uses. listen to "poor little rich boy" or "us" or "your honor."

and I like them too. they're an odd style, but kind of catchy/intriguing. I like their more-talking songs. like "these things take time." this sucker is crazy expensive on amazon, but you can buy it off their website for like twelve bucks.

the mall is insane. in. sane. but they let me return my $200 phone. and I got new jeans. so i'm pretty sure it was worth it....ooh and I got Otto a Nautica wallet from TJMaxx for c-h-e-a-p.

now, all I need to find is a big purse. like, the kind of size of purse you'd want to bring as a carry-on with a book, small water bottle, purse stuff, camera, medicine and an extra pair of underwear. which you have to bring because you're getting to New York later than everyone else is, and they're taking your bag on their flight so you can just take a taxi to dinner. it needs to be a big going-out purse. and one that isn't $98. i looked at four stores today--no luck yet. hopefully soon.

2 comments:

brooke knight said...

i have a gi-freaking-normous purse that i LOVE. yeah, sometimes people make fun of me, but i dont even care. firstly, it is copper colored. which is fun. secondly, you got something to carry? snacks from QT? pair of shoes? makeup bag, needlepoint, and a book? yeah, i got you. it's great. and i keep about $5 worth of coins at the bottom - i get shit for that too, but when we have to take a toll road or use a vending machine, oh they love me then, don't they! :D have an awesome holiday carrie and i'm bummed you won't be in tulsey town but hope to see you for a visit sometime!

SJ said...

I DO think of Bartley everytime I hear the word "Kitsch." That's super strange; I thought I was the only one.

Also, boo to Bloglines for not telling me you had, like, 5 updates. I'm just now getting around to reading them...

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio