Friday, November 18, 2005

be kind to me, or treat me mean...

I'll make the most of it I'm an extraordinary machine.
-Fiona Apple.

Her new album is very nice, I like it. Fiona Apple always makes me think of my freshman year linguistics class (when Meredith, the girl who lived down the hall from me, and I talked to the guy (whose name I've forgotten) who had these very intense eyes, and we'd sit next to each other in class and sing paper bag because we both liked it so much). It also makes me think of singing Paper Bag in New York with Renee. Anyhow, I listened to it on the way to my test yesterday. It went okay. I did, in fact cry in it. Because (silly me!) I couldn't remember how to convert a mass fraction into a volume fraction. I'm still not positive I did it right. It was a very random test. Anyway, when I asked about it, the TA, who is usually very very nice, looked at me like I was insane. Which, coincidentally, I'm not. But after looking for fifteen precious minutes I said that I thought it sucked that I was supposed to remember freshman chemistry (even if it was the easy stuff) and things like the chain rule from calc without even a little bit of a refresher/reminder. That was like six years ago, people!

We'll see how it turns out.

The newest Potter movie is out. I'm not seeing it yet though. Otto and I had the brilliant idea to watch all the old ones before seeing the next ones, and we are kind of busy this weekend. Plus, we're only on movie two. So we'll see.

Also, is it cold where you are? It seems like everyone left their freezer doors open in NC and now it's COLD and I'm in need-to-wear-a-jacket denial. :)

stay warm and drink some hot chocolate, k?

1 comments:

Renee B. said...

oh, the movie's good!

i might be going to see fiona apple the night before i come to NC!!! but maybe not.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio