Friday, October 14, 2005

beer biscuits

a recipe for you not-so-savvy cooks out there--or for those of you who like beer.

4 cups bisquick
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 can/bottle beer

Mix, put in greased muffin tin, cook at 350 for 20-30ish minutes until you can stick a toothpick in the muffin top and the toothpick comes out clean. It makes 12ish muffins.


They're yummy!
I made the first batch with Yuengling. This weekend Otto and I are going to try it with Guiness. I'll let you know how that goes.

Also, if you wanna change the color of your font....
on the "compose" mode you'll see font, size, bold, italic and then a T with a colorful square next to it. Select the text, click on the T, select the color and ta-da!

3 comments:

:O said...

You should try it with Pabst Blue Ribbon. Y'know why they call it Pabst "Blue Ribbon" don't you? It's because in 1898 it was awarded a Blue Ribbon for America's Best Beer. Good enough for 1898 is good enough for me!

They don't have PBR in Texas and it's a crime. Only Lone Star.

care said...

I read a book that mentioned that--the book was Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

I might try it with PBR, except then I'd have to drink the rest of 'em. And they're no good unless they're so cold they're about to freeze. I prefer Blue Moon myself. Maybe I'll try it with Grolsch.

:O said...

Ice cold? Hell, PBRs are still good the next morning with a couple of cigarette butts floating in them. In fact, one time I got my cold P'Ber mixed up with a warm one --that must have been at least two days old-- and I finished them both. You can't let them go to waste! I suggest that you try it, and then chug the remaining beers while the bread is cooking.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio