Wednesday, September 21, 2005

T minus less that 24 hours 'til I leave and counting

wowzers.

it's taxing on a body to be excited and exhausted at the same time. plus, i'm doing a very miserable job of getting going on my homework, and that's no good.

i was wondering if there's anything in particular you other Okies think a non-Okie should see. I've never brought someone to Oklahoma who hadn't been there before. I'm going to show him TU and Cherry Street and Brookside and Woodward Park, and we'll drive on Riverside Drive and maybe go to the mall if I think I can navigate shop-a-geddon without dying on 71st or Memorial. And we'll have Mazzio's pizza and maybe Zio's too, and I'm going to take him to Big Al's, I think. We're going to see Wilco, and one of my TU buds is throwing a party, and we'll be meeting my family. Sounds like a jam-packed weekend, but really it's not, exactly. Anyway, if there's anything I'm missing that's important you should let me know. He's already had Blue Bell Icecream.

So, I got a nano. And Otto did too. Ipods are just swell. And it's making my day go by in a much more pleasant manner. I've also become addicted to these. I do them at work while I'm sitting and waiting for the bubble flow meter to do its thing. I can't believe they pay me so much just to watch a bubble flow meter and time how long it takes the bubble to rise. It threatens to ruin my sanity...

By the way, I decided that I'm not yet reading any of the books I listed in a previous post--instead I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife. Which is good right now but I hear is terribly sad at the end. Of course, instead of reading, I should be doing homework. And instead of typing this, I should be doing homework. No sleep, no food, no playing with Gobi, no affection, no shopping, no TV, no nothing. Just homework. Stupid thermo...

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio