Tuesday, September 27, 2005

i know what a prince and lover ought to be.

but apparently my grandmother thinks I don't.
that's what the issue with the year is--as a matter of fact, it has nothing to do with the laws of north carolina.

so, let me tell you something.
If you're my friend and you really have a strong (or weak, or mild, or medium, or whatever) opinion, please let it out of your mouth. I found out this weekend that the number of people who thought I was making a huge mistake a few Mays ago is waaaay waaaaaaaay larger than I ever considered. One person spoke up, and she wouldn't give me a reason. I apologized to her this weekend for not listening. I'm not upset at anyone. I'm not sure I would have listened if you had told me. But let's not make the same mistake twice, shall we?

also, for crying out loud, please realize that there are no timetables--for love, for coping, for friendship. You can't fit it all in a neat little box--so quit trying. The world isn't black and white--no issue is. Abortion, the death penalty, giving money to churches, divorces, putting animals to sleep at shelters, hybrid vehicles, religion--it's a mishmash. It's a bunch of facts and figures and info that you have to sort through. I think life is a lot about coming to your own conclusions and learning to embrace who you are--and figuring out how you can contribute as a human being.

I'm going on this little rant because I just can't believe that you can put a length of time on happiness. And that sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees. It absolutely astounds me.

And unfortunately, this can't even be said to her, because my information is all secondhand. But that's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess. Sigh. Anyway, time for a deep breath and some coffee with my thermo (yum--java daves!).

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio