Thursday, September 01, 2005

apparently I need to keep my mouth shut

stop making ridiculous assertions, silly asides, etc.

because they keep coming true.

first of all, the day before yesterday I found out that the burning sensation is "normal." Apparently stitches may or may not burn while healing, and I should not find this at all alarming. I should stop wearing a bandage, in fact.

right.

So, now I think they're infected. There's a red streak running off of one end of the wound. No fun. I'm going to have to call the doctor tomorrow.

This was brought to my attention today during my baseline physical. It was done because I may or may not have to wear a respirator at work. Which is fine by me. But they did a full evaluation--blood work, urine analysis, checking my reflexes, the works. And know what? I have 1)high blood pressure, or so it seems (though possibly not quite high enough to treat, yet), 2)carpal tunnel (or significant signs of it) and 3) a heart murmur. Oh-da-lolly, Oh-da-lolly, Golly-what-a-day. Yipp-friggin-ee.

I'm thinking maybe I should go on a doctor hiatus, at least after I get these fixed. I'm not having much luck with them. And none of these situations are profitable enough that I can just pretend that maybe the doctor is a bad one, and they're looking to make some money off of me. Dentists, perhaps, if they aren't good ones. But people don't make money off of telling you that you have a heart murmur. Or carpal tunnel. And even the you-need-your-nose-roto-rootered instructions are scary to give, since all that surgery is in such a delicate and easily-ruined part of the body.

So, how do I get better? I'm going to go to the doctors, but is there something else I can do? Anybody into holistic healing? Or know of good vitamins to take? 'Cause really, I'm losing it.

And I think my thermo professor might have lost it too. I'm still up now because I'm working on my homework that's due tomorrow. I had one problem left, and I've been working on it and it alone since 915 this evening. I mean, I bought a plane ticket to New York, made two phone calls, paid bills and wrote a letter while I did this, but that was all during the waiting. I'm running a simulator. I have to collect 90 pieces of data, make six graphs and answer eight questions, all for problem #4. Little did I know. I still have 40 pieces of data to go. It's going to be a long night. And then tomorrow I work, hopefully go to the doctor, and then leave to go to Richmond. And on Saturday we'll likely be driving from Richmond to Newark, DE, as long as the price/availability of gas makes it feasible. It's for the Studio 54 party. I hope it's fun if we go. I'm sure it will be.

I, of course, am the worrywart, wanting to make sure we're all getting there in one piece. I'm worried about gas, people being stupid and violent (like they're being in New Orleans) and getting stranded. And Gobi. If we do go to the party, 'cause I know you're all wondering, I'm wearing jeans that flare, tall shoes, a tanktop and one of those poncho-scarf things that's paisley and peasant-ee. And I bought sunglasses to go with it, and I'll maybe wear the fun earrings Renee gave me.

right. thermo is out of control. I need a nap.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio